Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4625938 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #175
I heard you just have to set the height or something.

Can you redownload and tell me if its fixed ?

This is not fixed for me on my Win2K system.  My WinXP system never had the problem.
I heard you just have to set the height or something.

Can you redownload and tell me if its fixed ?

It is not

I dont know then.

If someone knows, I tried this based on what Jan S. said:
Code: [Select]
    int height = uGetFontHeight((HFONT)uSendDlgItemMessage(wnd, IDC_ALIGNMENT, WM_GETFONT, 0, 0));
   uSendDlgItemMessage(wnd, IDC_ALIGNMENT, CB_SETITEMHEIGHT, 0, height);

Which sets the height correctly but apparently doesnt fix the problem on w2k, so is useless.. Does anyone know what the correct work-around is.

Columns UI

Reply #176
I don't know, if I understand the problem correctly, but you can change the height of the drop-down via the resource editor in MSVC by clicking on the drop-down arrow.

Please have a look at the attached screenshot:

Columns UI

Reply #177
I don't know, if I understand the problem correctly, but you can change the height of the drop-down via the resource editor in MSVC by clicking on the drop-down arrow.

Thank you, that makes more sense..

New version uploaded, hopefully the playback order dropdown also works now under win2k.

Columns UI

Reply #178
New version uploaded, hopefully the playback order dropdown also works now under win2k.

The dropdowns in the options work for me, but the playback order dropdown still has the problem.

Columns UI

Reply #179
The dropdowns in the options work for me, but the playback order dropdown still has the problem.

Can you redownload and try again, thanks..

Columns UI

Reply #180

Can you redownload and try again, thanks.. 

Looks good now.  Good work!

Columns UI

Reply #181
In section Uploads I put my columns settings file - odd and even string have  different color and very simple  album  mode for playlist.

Columns UI

Reply #182
First, i would like to say that you have made good job with this plugin!

However balloon tips doesn't seem to get dynamic data (ie "http track titles" etc.). This works perfectly with the standard gui.

Columns UI

Reply #183
Slizepizza, what's this font your using here?? Looks good with these colors 

foobar 0.8, addall 0.7.b29.001, audioscrobbler 1.2.1, bluetooth_ctrl 0.4, delete 0.7.b29.001, infobox 1.3.6a, nero 0.3.7, pl_hopper 0.1, quicktag 0.5a, setyear 0.3, syfm 2.5.5, tunes 0.1, ui_columns 0.1 beta 8, text 1.3.6a, write_http, some but not all from special installer 0.8b10

Columns UI

Reply #185
First, i would like to say that you have made good job with this plugin!

However balloon tips doesn't seem to get dynamic data (ie "http track titles" etc.). This works perfectly with the standard gui.

It will be fixed for the next version

Columns UI

Reply #186
My newest suggestion is for a menu-driven import/export of settings files (so you can switch quickly from a simple view with only artist/title to a complex view with album, track number, format, RG info, etc.)

I feel this would be quite useful.

Columns UI

Reply #187
My newest suggestion is for a menu-driven import/export of settings files (so you can switch quickly from a simple view

Does anyone feel like sharing their settings files then? I find ui_colums very useful, but I haven't been able to make an attractive set of layouts...
foobar 0.8, addall 0.7.b29.001, audioscrobbler 1.2.1, bluetooth_ctrl 0.4, delete 0.7.b29.001, infobox 1.3.6a, nero 0.3.7, pl_hopper 0.1, quicktag 0.5a, setyear 0.3, syfm 2.5.5, tunes 0.1, ui_columns 0.1 beta 8, text 1.3.6a, write_http, some but not all from special installer 0.8b10

Columns UI

Reply #188
My newest suggestion is for a menu-driven import/export of settings files (so you can switch quickly from a simple view

Does anyone feel like sharing their settings files then? I find ui_colums very useful, but I haven't been able to make an attractive set of layouts... 

I'd be happy to throw together a little website for such things.

(it wouldn't be dynamic tho, ... you would have to ftp or email files to me ... at least at first)

Columns UI

Reply #189
The default UI has a keyboard shortcut for "[main] System/Show now playing" which allows you define a keyboard shortcut for the balloon tips. Could this possibly be added?

Columns UI

Reply #190
The default UI has a keyboard shortcut for "[main] System/Show now playing" which allows you define a keyboard shortcut for the balloon tips. Could this possibly be added?

Done

beta 4

changes:
- tabs/playlists auto hide (needs enabling)
- can drag tabs/playlists around (needs enabling)
- changed menu style
- can no longer loose the playlist by dragging playlist list too far
- show global shortcuts in systray menu
- ctrl rclick in playlist maintains selection like in std ui
- rclick statusbar shows now playing menu like std ui
- playlist filters support wildcards thanks to new 0.8 helpers
- toolbars/rebar no longer destroyed when just changing its config
- shift+ctrl works with pgup/down/hme/end
- balloon tip shortcut
- other minor fixes

[edit: redownload for version with fixed tabs drawing bug]

My newest suggestion is for a menu-driven import/export of settings files (so you can switch quickly from a simple view with only artist/title to a complex view with album, track number, format, RG info, etc.)

I feel this would be quite useful.

If all you want to change is the set of columns, perhaps a view switcher would be a better idea, to keep single configs self-contained. Basically it would work like the current playlist filters, except it works from a list of different views you define and you switch to them from from the ui somewhere.

So you can switch between a simple view, a detailed view, an albumlist view etc. from a menu. What do you think?

The menu driven import/export could also be done, but i wouldnt use it for the above (i.e. showing extra columns), because there is no easy way to sync two configs.

Columns UI

Reply #191
Amazing! I don't know if you can change it, but there is a tiny bug in the main-menu: If you press a menu-button then change to another menu-button and click on that button to close the menu, it reopens instead of close.
Thank you for that exelent UI!

Columns UI

Reply #192
Woo, playlist tab dragging :D

A suggestion would be that if no vertical scroll bar exists but a horizontal one does, that the mouse wheel scroll the window horizontally.

Also, a minor bug concerning the menu--if you move right into a subgroup and then press left, you'll move left to the next menu, when instead you should only move out of the subgroup.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Loving this UI <3
f to c to f to c

Columns UI

Reply #193
great ui, simply makes fb2k look like the core deserves or something  , <ot>now is some1 could fix those buttons into some antialiased form would be mighty nice.</ot>

edit: trying to make a nice config, so far:
fb2k_ui_columns.gif

edit2: is it possible to show/hide columns based on the playlist name?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Columns UI

Reply #194
Done

I've had three or four requests in this thread now, and you've been very quick to implement every one of them. I just wanted to say thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #195
Nice work musicmusic 
I haven't really followed the development or used it before, but I tried beta 4 yesterday and got some ideas for a formatting.
My first problem was related to the "use custom colour spec for this column" feature. Am I right in assuming that you can't use variables defined in  the global string, to decide the color? At least I couldn't make that work...

Anyway, here is the result of me being bored 
Screenshot

Btw: I admit that I haven't read this thread...

Columns UI

Reply #196
Amazing! I don't know if you can change it, but there is a tiny bug in the main-menu: If you press a menu-button then change to another menu-button and click on that button to close the menu, it reopens instead of close.
Thank you for that exelent UI!

Fixed

Also, a minor bug concerning the menu--if you move right into a subgroup and then press left, you'll move left to the next menu, when instead you should only move out of the subgroup.

...and fixed, redownload [edit: not entirely, only when press right with keyboard] [edit2: should be fixed properly now]

A suggestion would be that if no vertical scroll bar exists but a horizontal one does, that the mouse wheel scroll the window horizontally.
Ok, i'll make it an option for net version, since some people probably won't like that..

edit2: is it possible to show/hide columns based on the playlist name?

Yes, that is what the playlist filters do.

If you want to hide a particular column on a particular column, set the filter to "Hide on playlists:" and ener the name in the adjacent box; separate mulptiple playlist names with a semi-colon.

If you want it to show only on a particular playlist, use the other filter type.

I did write a small manual explaining some of this stuff here, but I made it entirely in Microsoft Visio to make it easier to draw arrows everywhere...
.. so its only available as a .bmp rather than html or something, its also a bit outdated now. I'll probably re-do it as html sometime anyway.

Done

I've had three or four requests in this thread now, and you've been very quick to implement every one of them. I just wanted to say thanks.

You're welcome.
Nice work musicmusic 
I haven't really followed the development or used it before, but I tried beta 4 yesterday and got some ideas for a formatting.
My first problem was related to the "use custom colour spec for this column" feature. Am I right in assuming that you can't use variables defined in  the global string, to decide the color? At least I couldn't make that work...

You are entirely correct, the global string isn't combined with the colour string. There used to be an option for that, but it was removed when I added the global colour string and I didn't feel like putting it back in. I'll put it back in for the next version then.

Was there a second problem ? 

Screenshot

That's actually very creative. I think some new features would would make things like that easier/better. Maybe changing background colour in colour codes? Or something like that.

Also fixed in the updated version is a couple of bugs with text renderer & tab chars, one of which I noticed in upNorth's screenshot..

Columns UI

Reply #197
@ UpNorth,

I looked up your link

Screenshot

and was surprised about the alternatives that are delivered by UI columns! Really fantastic! Could you please post your strings or tell my where to find the adjustments of your screenshot????

Thanks!!!

Martin

Columns UI

Reply #198
Could I add a wish?

Add "Auto-resize columns" mode.
For example, in some cases playlist might have too long titles, or too short "album" values. Current situation with a fixed length is not good for many situations.
What I'd liked to get:
-Column's width is automatically set equal to a width, equal to maximum displayed value. For example, if title column values are: my_song and my_very_favorite_song, column's title is automatically resized to show second title completely.
-If total text width exeeds playlist width (we don't need any horizontal scrollers, right?), some columns might be reduced in size. We might also add "don't reduce" in column's properties for those ones, which must always be displayed completely (i.e. playback time).
What do you think about this idea?

Another wish is simple: display hint for a complete line, not just a column. For example, when artist and title don't fit column's width, I'd liked to see artist-title at once...

2musicmusic: if you need help in making more intuitive interface or look for someone to create plugin's documentation, e-mail me...

Columns UI

Reply #199
hmm... Somewhere along the way the ellipsis ("...") got truncated to just ".." when the string does not fit (at least for me using Win2K with Tahoma 8 font).  This used to work.  BTW, there is actually an ellipsis character that could be used, rather than drawing 3 periods. I'm not sure if you are already using this, or which is easier.

Would it be possible to have the ellipsis truncate at a character boundary, instead of drawing part of the character that is truncated?

Also, on Win2K, the dragger thing on visualization toolbar is being partially overlaid by the visualization itself. I think the vis needs to be moved a pixel or two to the right. (Maybe the Playback Order drop down needs to be moved a bit as well. It is right against the dragger.)