Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_cue_ex (Read 3571 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_cue_ex

I've decided to devote an entire 170GB HDD to archive my CD collection into a lossless format.  I'm using wavpack as the format and EAC to create the single file album with a cue sheet.  After the .wv file is created I use foobar2000 to embed the cuesheet into the .wv file and this works out great but I hear I can put more information into this embeded cuesheet using a plugin called foo_cue_ex.  This plugin let's you add DATE, GENRE, and COMMENT information into the cuesheet for foobar to use.  But, it doesn't seem to work at all for me.  Here's an example cuesheet I try to embed....
PERFORMER "311"
TITLE "311"
FILE "311_-_311.wv" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Down"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:32
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Random"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 02:52:12
    INDEX 01 02:53:45
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Jackolantern's Weather"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 05:58:65
    INDEX 01 06:00:60
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "All Mixed Up"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 01 09:24:72
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Hive"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 12:24:43
    INDEX 01 12:27:00
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Guns (Are For Pussies)"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 15:25:00
    INDEX 01 15:26:35
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Misdirected Hostility"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 01 17:43:30
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Purpose"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 20:40:27
    INDEX 01 20:43:20
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Loco"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 23:25:73
    INDEX 01 23:27:72
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Brodels"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 01 25:21:17
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Don't Stay Home"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 28:51:00
    INDEX 01 28:53:55
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "DLMD"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 31:37:10
    INDEX 01 31:37:40
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sweet"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 00 33:48:65
    INDEX 01 33:51:02
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "T & P Combo"
    PERFORMER "311"
    INDEX 01 37:06:12
REM GENRE Rock

I add the above into the embeded cuesheet and then I save the added data.  I then reopen the .wv file and I get all the standard information I can grab from a cuesheet except for the GENRE info.  I've tried searching the forums for someone that's having similar problems but I can't.  So, this means that I'm not doing something correctly.  Please make me look dumb by telling me that all I have to do is....  And I will be very thankful and ashamed at the same time.

P.S. Can foo_cue_ex store and read other information besides the ones I've mentioned above?

foo_cue_ex

Reply #1
80 views and no one is going to reply...are guys playing a joke on me?  HAHA!!
It's OK you can call me an idiot, moron, etc.  I can take it (or can I?  ).  This is just driving me nuts and I can't figure out why it's not working...I know people out there are using this plugin so help a foobar and foo_cue_ex user out.  Perhaps this plugin doesn't do what I think it does?

Please help!!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #2
I have the same problem.. If anyone can tell us what's wrong i will apreciate. Thank you!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #3
I don't know how foo_cue_ex works but I think it has to override foobar's own cue sheet reader. Perhaps it only works with external cue sheets.
I don't understand the use of foo_cue_ex because you can simply add tags like DATE, GENRE, and COMMENT to the image file because they concern all tracks imho. I don't really see the need for that plugin but that's just me...

Regards,
The Link

foo_cue_ex

Reply #4
Cuesheets are in my opinion not fully supported by Foobar. I backup up my CD's using FLAC files with similarly embedded cuesheets with track information. One thing i'd like to be able to do is transcode with foo_pod whole flac files or just a single track to a properly tagged AAC file. Foobar can read the cuesheet but that's about it.... if anyone knows a solution or knows what developers plan on doing with cusheets let us know!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #5
Cuesheets are in my opinion not fully supported by Foobar. I backup up my CD's using FLAC files with similarly embedded cuesheets with track information. One thing i'd like to be able to do is transcode with foo_pod whole flac files or just a single track to a properly tagged AAC file. Foobar can read the cuesheet but that's about it.... if anyone knows a solution or knows what developers plan on doing with cusheets let us know!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254362"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What kind of support for cue sheets do you have in mind? I don't use foo_pod but when using the diswiter for transcoding all information from the image file gets copied to the generated files (whatever format you want).
Perhaps I didn't understand you....

foo_cue_ex

Reply #6
I don't know how foo_cue_ex works but I think it has to override foobar's own cue sheet reader. Perhaps it only works with external cue sheets.
I don't understand the use of foo_cue_ex because you can simply add tags like DATE, GENRE, and COMMENT to the image file because they concern all tracks imho. I don't really see the need for that plugin but that's just me...

Regards,
The Link
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254354"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you are right in that foo_cue_ex does only work with external cue sheets.

If I add the DATE, GENRE, etc. tags to the image file but use the cue sheet as input to fb2k, the tags show up but I am unable to modify them .. the changes get saved to the database but not to the image file itself.  Please let me know if that scenario does work for you!

A few of us that do use cue sheets like this are having a few problems with foo_cue_ex.  I have been in touch with WigBam and he mentioned he would try to update this plugin in the somewhat near future.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #7
If I add the DATE, GENRE, etc. tags to the image file but use the cue sheet as input to fb2k, the tags show up but I am unable to modify them .. the changes get saved to the database but not to the image file itself.  Please let me know if that scenario does work for you!

I only use embedded cue sheets and if I change tags (date, artist,...) the changes seem to get written to the image file. So it works for me.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #8
It seems to me that Cuesheet writer really doesn't have too much capability.  I ripped an album as a FLAC and embedded the cue, but any playcount or extraneous info is written to the entire file.  Therefore, if I play through an entire album of 10 songs once, it says each song has a playcount of 10.  I don't know if this is perhaps a FLAC limitation, because I tried manually modifiying the cuesheet, but it didn't really work either.