Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: problem with the 'foobar2000.exe' process... (Read 3584 times) previous topic - next topic

problem with the 'foobar2000.exe' process...

hi there:

this is my first post at the HA forums...

i've been experiencing a strange problem with foobar2000 0.8.3 [special edition].  what happens is that even on shutting down foobar, the process 'foobar2000.exe' keeps on running in the background. so i have to hit [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete], and manually kill the process, if i ever need to start it up again.

i haven't installed any 3rd-party plugins, except the ones bundled with foobar. uninstalling & then reinstalling foobar doesn't seem to help.

please help me out. 

thanks.

boomslang.

Reply #1
Are you 100% sure you don't have foo_tunes installed?

Reply #2
The one time I experienced such a scenario it was an issue with Case's foo_nero not going to well together with some of Mausau's plugins for Nero. But you say you don't got any third party plugs installed, so that's probably a longshot. Anyway, try to remove a component, restart and shut down foobar, re-add component and proceed with next component until you find the one causing problems. It's a tiresome process, but probably the only viable....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #3
WindowBlinds:
->settings/per application/add per application setting/select an app.exe from disk (foobar2000.exe)->ignore this application and do not skin it.

I'm sorry

Reply #4
Are you 100% sure you don't have foo_tunes installed?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241146"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sorry... my fault! [sheepish] 

i do have foo_tunes installed. i think my brother did it. i've noticed that on uninstalling foobar, the file 'foo_tunes.dll' & those in \components\tunes\  are left behind. may be that explains everything.

once again, my apologies for makin' this mistake... shall be careful in the future.

and yes, deleting the files related to foo_tunes did kill the problem.

thanks.

boomslang.

Reply #5
WindowBlinds:
->settings/per application/add per application setting/select an app.exe from disk (foobar2000.exe)->ignore this application and do not skin it.

I'm sorry
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241413"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is there any chance this can be fixed, i really like to have my foobar window skinned like the rest of the system (this worked in some older versions, and i think this problem  appeared in 8.0+).

Reply #6
WindowBlinds:

I'm sorry
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241413"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is there any chance this can be fixed, i really like to have my foobar window skinned like the rest of the system (this worked in some older versions, and i think this problem  appeared in 8.0+).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241612"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WindowBlind ver. 4.4 fix it