Skip to main content
Topic: the (Read 1544 times) previous topic - next topic

the

Being a newbie and English is also my nonative language ,so ,despite I want to describe  my problem in detail, but my presentation is bad. 

my question is :
what's the least size of memory do you think in the Huffman decoding and Requantization of MP3 decoder?

In the Huffman decoding,the Layer3 decoder allocates about 2K~3K memory to save the Huffman tables, if each number in the table is expressed by "unsigned short" , and the another decoder,MAD,uses about 4k memory.the MAD can decode up to 4 bit once per time and Layer3 can only decode 1 bit once per time.

In the Requantization, [1]present a novel method to calucate the X^4/3 with only 256~512 bytes,and the MAD uses 8207*2 bytes .However, I can not realize enough precision if I adopt the method of [1],and I don't know the whys. 

can you tell me the involved details if you are interested in it.

Thank you very much!
COLOR=gray]Being English is my nonative language ,so ,despite I want to describe my problem in detail, but my presentation is bad.[/COLOR]

the

Reply #1
[1] A High Quality Re-quantization/Quantization Method for MP3 and MPEG-4 AAC Audio coding,IEEE,2002
COLOR=gray]Being English is my nonative language ,so ,despite I want to describe my problem in detail, but my presentation is bad.[/COLOR]

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019