Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 2.x discussion topic.. (Read 114843 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 2.x discussion topic..

Reply #50
ok ... here you go ... MAREO 2.0.3 ... go to preferences, and add a new command line encoder ... name it MAREO ():

Reply #51
I think you got me wrong... 

I want to rip with EAC - LAME MP3 (APS, no ReplayGain, ID3v2 tags) and Monkey's Audio tagged using Wapet. The MP3 files should be placed in "C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Music\Portable\" and the APE files in "C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Music\Archive\". For this to work, I modified the INI file as seen above and also used the parameters you told me to use (in EAC). The MP3 file is created, although not in the folder I want - "C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Music\Portable\" - but in the folder where I tell EAC to write it (in my example, on the Desktop with the Artist and Album as sub-folders). When it comes to encoding the APE file using Wapet, foobar2000 pops up for some strange reason and plays back the WAV file (which I don't want).

So, my problem is:

- How to make MAREO output the MP3s and APEs in the correct folder.
- How to make MAREO encode to APE.

Regards,
Sebastian

Reply #52
I want to rip with EAC - LAME MP3 (APS, no ReplayGain, ID3v2 tags) and Monkey's Audio tagged using Wapet. The MP3 files should be placed in "C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Music\Portable\" and the APE files in "C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Music\Archive\". For this to work, I modified the INI file as seen above and also used the parameters you told me to use (in EAC). The MP3 file is created, although not in the folder I want - "C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Music\Portable\" - but in the folder where I tell EAC to write it (in my example, on the Desktop with the Artist and Album as sub-folders). When it comes to encoding the APE file using Wapet, foobar2000 pops up for some strange reason and plays back the WAV file (which I don't want).

So, my problem is:

- How to make MAREO output the MP3s and APEs in the correct folder.
- How to make MAREO encode to APE.

ok ... the first file (MP3) is EAC's responsability, so EAC must output to whatever folder you want ... try to add the full path to wapet in the ini file, and let me know ... and while you are at it, download MAREO's latest version ... it shouldn't hurt.

Reply #53
WTF???!!! I give up, it's the same deal over and over. LAME encodes and then foobar plays the WAV for some strange reason.  Wapet never gets launched.

MAREO - [M]ultiple [A]pplications [R]unner for [E]AC and
  • thers.
    Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ http://borland.com/delphi).
    Version 2.0.3 -- Copyright 2003-2004 by Kwanbis --- GPL Licensed.

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe" mareo.ini "1 Is This Love" "C:\Doc
    uments and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0
    tmp42660.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portabl
    e\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.mp3" "Bob Marley" "Legend" "Is This Love" "1" 1984
    "Reggae"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIfileName  (%1) = mareo.ini
    @finalnameonly@  (%2) = 1 Is This Love
           @source@  (%3) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Musi
    c\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.wav
             @dest@  (%4) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Musi
    c\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.mp3
           @artist@  (%5) = Bob Marley
           @cdname@  (%6) = Legend
         @songname@  (%7) = Is This Love
            @track@  (%8) = 1
             @year@  (%9) = 1984
            @genre@ (%10) = Reggae

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

NEW Extension      = mp3

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\P
    ortable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.mp3
    TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\P
    ortable\Bob Marley\Legend
    TMP Dest Name Only = 0tmp42660

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
    \Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.mp3
    FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
    \Portable\Bob Marley\Legend
    FINAL NAME Name Only = 1 Is This Love

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\lame3961.exe --preset standard --no
    replaygain --ta "Bob Marley" --tl "Legend" --tt "Is This Love" --tn "1" --ty 198
    4 --tg "Reggae" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Porta
    ble\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Doc
    uments\My Music\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.mp3" ...
    LAME version 3.96.1 (http://lame.sourceforge.net/)
    CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE, SSE2
    Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 18671 Hz - 19205 Hz
    Encoding C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob
    Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.wav
          to C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob
    Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.mp3
    Encoding as 44.1 kHz VBR(q=2) j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (ca. 7.3x) qval=3
        Frame          |  CPU time/estim | REAL time/estim | play/CPU |    ETA
      8920/8922  (100%)|    0:32/    0:32|    0:32/    0:32|  7.1216x|    0:00
    32 [  63] **
    128 [1180] %%***********************
    160 [3199] %%%%%*************************************************************
    192 [2823] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%*****************************************
    224 [ 914] %%%%%%%%%%%********
    256 [ 469] %%%%%%%%%*
    320 [ 275] %%%%%%
    average: 181.5 kbps  LR: 2410 (27.01%)  MS: 6513 (72.99%)

Writing LAME Tag...done
    SUCCESS!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

NEW Extension      = ape

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\P
    ortable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.ape
    TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\P
    ortable\Bob Marley\Legend
    TMP Dest Name Only = 0tmp42660

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
    \Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape
    FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
    \Archive\Bob Marley\Legend
    FINAL NAME Name Only = 1 Is This Love

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\wapet.exe "C:\Documents and Setting
    s\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.ape" -t "
    Artist=Bob Marley" -t "Album=Legend" -t "Title=Is This Love" -t "Track=1" -t "Ye
    ar=1984" -t "Genre=Reggae" -t mac.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Do
    cuments\My Music\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.wav" "C:\Documents and Set
    tings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.ape"
    -c4000 ...
    wapet: failed to open file...
    *ERROR*!

RENAMING: C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob
    Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.ape => C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents
    \My Music\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape *ERROR*!

*** DONE ***

2 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.

; MAREO - (M.)ultiple (A.)pplications (R.)unner for (E.)AC and (O.)thers.

; Literal           From              Replacing Value
; @finalnameonly@  Parameter # 2     Encoded File Final File Name (ie.: artist - cd - track - name)
; @source@          Parameter # 3     FULL Source File Name
; @dest@            Parameter # 4     FULL Destination File Name
; @artist@          Parameter # 5     CD Artist Name
; @cdname@          Parameter # 6     CD Name
; @songname@        Parameter # 7     Song Name
; @track@           Parameter # 8     Track (song) Number
; @year@            Parameter # 9     Year of the CD release
; @genre@           Parameter # 10    CD's Music Genre
; @11@ .. @nn@      Parameter # 11... User Definenable
;
; @ownpath@         MAREO finds out  the full path to MAREO, without the the ending backslash
; @finalpathonly@  MAREO finds out  the final path to where the encode file will end
; @finalfullname@  MAREO finds out  the final full name of the encoded file: @finalpathonly@ + \ + @finanameonly@
; @tmpfullname@     MAREO finds out  the full temporal name with the encoder extension
; @tmppathonly@     MAREO finds out  the full temporal path, without the ending backslash
; @tmpnameonly@     MAREO finds out  the temporal name, without any extension
; @extonly@         MAREO finds out  the encoder file extension without the dot (ie: OGG)

EXT = mp3
PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\@artist@\@cdname@
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\lame3961.exe
PARAMETERS = --preset standard --noreplaygain --ta "@artist@" --tl "@cdname@" --tt "@songname@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"

EXT = ape
PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\@artist@\@cdname@
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\wapet.exe
PARAMETERS = "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@cdname@" -t "Title=@songname@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" -t mac.exe "@source@" "@dest@" -c4000

; EOF

mareo.ini "%n %t" %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

Reply #54
I guess Wapet is launched, as:

wapet: failed to open file...

Also, the renaming is also functioning:

RENAMING: C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\Bob
Marley\Legend\0tmp42660.ape => C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents
\My Music\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape *ERROR*!

I am wondering why wapet cannot open the file. I guess it has something to do with foobar opening (which shouldn't happen). But then, an APE file with APEv2 tags should've been created, or am I mistaken?

Reply #55
just for a try ... put the wapet file to a shorter path (just to see) ... lets sat c:\temp

Reply #57
ok, that won't hurt, but i meant the destination folder change it from the long

C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend

to something like

C:\My Music\Portable\Bob Marley\Legend

Reply #59
You have a -t switch before MAC.EXE.

Remove it and it should be groovin'

Wrd.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #60
You have a -t switch before MAC.EXE.

Remove it and it should be groovin'

Wrd.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks dude! 

One more thing... Can I tell MAREO to write the track numbers in the file name with a leading 0? At the moment, I have "1 Is This Love.ape". What I would like is "01 Is This Love.ape".

Reply #61
Thanks dude!  [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241389"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No problem - sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.

One more thing... Can I tell MAREO to write the track numbers in the file name with a leading 0? At the moment, I have "1 Is This Love.ape". What I would like is "01 Is This Love.ape".[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241389"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mareo cannot perform any decision making or calculations.

There should be a setting in EAC that lets you specify the format of the track field - I'm sure mine come out as 01, 02, etc.  I don't have EAC here so I can't say exactly, but have a flick around your settings and you'll soon find it.

Update: either that, or it is dependant on the freedb record that you download, or create.

Basic upshot is: you really need to append the zero from EAC, to ensure that it is done sensibly.  As MAREO has no decision making mechanism the only option you have from within MAREO is to append it to all tracks "manually", and run the risk of getting 01, 02, ..., 010, 011.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: added update[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #62
ok, i updated the HP to include de foobar2000 instructions (same for mareo.txt inside the zip) ... i have tested it, an it works wonderfull

Reply #63
Firstly, thanks for developing MAREO. Its a great contribution to the community.

I have a typically newbie question that I hope you can help me with. I want to rip and encode my CD collection simultaneously to FLAC (for archival) and MP3 LAME (portable use). I will then want to apply MP3 Gain to all the files. The reason I am using FLAC for archiving and not a hybrid encoder is because I want to back the lossless files up on DVD media.

I understand how to setup the compression options in EAC but would like to know how and where I input the action lines. Would someone give me a sample action line for what I want to acheive?

When I run the MAREO exe it just comes up with a command prompt screen and when I run it with EAC I get a blank black screen for a few moments and nothing is encoded. I am assuming this is because I have not specified the action lines? At no stage have I been prompted by MAREO to input the action lines.

I would also like MAREO to route the files into specified folders. E:/MP3/Artist/Album - E:/FLAC/Artist/Album

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #64
just take a look at the included mareo.ini ... and the explanation is on the new home page.

Reply #65
just take a look at the included mareo.ini ... and the explanation is on the new home page.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241591"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know what an .ini file is. I have read through the MAREO page and still don't understand at which point I input the action lines.

Reply #66

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know what an .ini file is. I have read through the MAREO page and still don't understand at which point I input the action lines.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you would see a file called mareo.INI ... si basically a TEXT file ... you should edit it with notepad ... is the configuration file for mareo.

here is the file:

and here is what you would see inside (more or less):

Reply #67

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you would see a file called mareo.INI ... si basically a TEXT file ... you should edit it with notepad ... is the configuration file for mareo.

here is the file:

and here is what you would see inside (more or less):

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241606"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. I now have it all working. There are a few things still not right however.

I am determining serparate files paths for my files. I want my MP3 as APS LAME and my FLAC encoded at quality 8. These are my action lines:

EXT = mp3
PATH = NONE
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = --alt-preset standard --ta "@artist@" --tl "@cdname@" --tt "@songname@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"

EXT = flac
PATH = E:\Dean\My Music\FLAC\@artist@\@album@
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\bin\flac.exe
PARAMETERS = -8 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@cdname@" -T title="@songname@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@"

The MP3 files are directed by EAC perfectly into the correct subfolders. However, for the FLAC files it is not changing the album variable to the correct value. It is remaining as @album@. Why is this?

Also, my MP3 files are named as "01 - Don't Panic.mp3"
and my FLAC files are named as "1 Don't Panic.flac". Is there a way to change this to "01 - Don't Panic.flac" as with the mp3?

My command propmt in EAC is mareo.ini "%n %t" %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

Reply #68
One more thing... Can I tell MAREO to write the track numbers in the file name with a leading 0? At the moment, I have "1 Is This Love.ape". What I would like is "01 Is This Love.ape".[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Also, my MP3 files are named as "01 - Don't Panic.mp3"
and my FLAC files are named as "1 Don't Panic.flac". Is there a way to change this to "01 - Don't Panic.flac" as with the mp3?

My command propmt in EAC is mareo.ini "%n %t" %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241644"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not definite here, but it should all work fine if you just use the standard command line options:

mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

I think the suggestion to switch to:

... was misleading.

I don't use MAREO, but I have made a nuisance of myself during kwanbis' development of version 2, and during this process I posted an example [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22120&view=findpost&p=240374]here[/url], which seems to proove that just using the basic command line options should work fine for you both, as it did for me...

I may be seriously confused 

Update: Looks like I could be.  I have just seen from the MAREO site that "The second parameter (after mareo.ini) is the naming scheme as we want it to be, with no extension and no folders." - in this case %o will no longer work, as that will have ".wav" at the end.

I see from previous posts in this thread that this was changed in 2.0.2 - but kwanbis does say in this post "if you pass no extension in @finalnameonly@, MAREO does fine".  This suggests that you can if you want...

Oh heck!  Give it a try and let me know.  I may try when I get home and have access to EAC and MAREO.

NB: if you can't still use %o then I would suggest this needs to be resolved with MAREO somehow - as zero-padded track numbers are imperative for file naming.

Update 2: I think it will work.  I just tested MAREO on its own calling it from a batch file and passing "01 - Songname.wav" as param #2.  Here's the results:

MAREO - [M]ultiple [A]pplications [R]unner for [E]AC and
  • thers.
    Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ http://borland.com/delphi).
    Version 2.0.3 -- Copyright 2003-2004 by Kwanbis --- GPL Licensed.

*** Received Command Line ***

MAREO.EXE "mareo.ini" "01 - Songname.wav" "C:\temp.wav" "C:\temp.mp3" "Artist" "
    Album" "Songname" "1" 2004 "Cock Rock"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIfileName  (%1) = mareo.ini
    @finalnameonly@  (%2) = 01 - Songname
          @source@  (%3) = C:\temp.wav
            @dest@  (%4) = C:\temp.mp3
          @artist@  (%5) = Artist
          @cdname@  (%6) = Album
        @songname@  (%7) = Songname
            @track@  (%8) = 1
            @year@  (%9) = 2004
            @genre@ (%10) = Cock Rock

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

NEW Extension      = mp3

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\temp.mp3
    TMP Dest Path Only = C:
    TMP Dest Name Only = temp

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\ 01 - Songname.mp3
    FINAL NAME Path Only = C:
    FINAL NAME Name Only = 01 - Songname

EXECUTING: lame.exe --preset-standard --ta "Artist" --tl "Album" --tt "Songname"
    --tn "1" --ty 2004 --tg "Cock Rock" --tc "LAME+MAREO" "C:\temp.wav" "C:\temp.mp
    3" ...
    lame.exe: unrec option --preset-standard
    Unknown genre: Cock Rock.  Specify genre name or number
    *ERROR*!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

NEW Extension      = ogg

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\temp.ogg
    TMP Dest Path Only = C:
    TMP Dest Name Only = temp

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\ 01 - Songname.ogg
    FINAL NAME Path Only = C:
    FINAL NAME Name Only =  01 - Songname

EXECUTING: oggenc.exe -q 5 "C:\temp.wav" -o "C:\temp.ogg" -a "Artist" -l "Album"
    -t "Songname" -N "1" -d 2004 -G "Cock Rock" -c "COMMENTS=VORBIS+MAREO" ...
    ERROR: Cannot open input file "C:\temp.wav": No such file or directory
    *ERROR*!

RENAMING: C:\temp.ogg => C:\ 01 - Songname.ogg *ERROR*!

*** DONE ***

3 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.[/font]

Forget the errors - it wasn't supposed to execute - but notice in red that MAREO was fine using "01 - Songname.wav" as param #2.

Sorry for the rambling post 
I'm on a horse.

Reply #69
The MP3 files are directed by EAC perfectly into the correct subfolders. However, for the FLAC files it is not changing the album variable to the correct value. It is remaining as @album@. Why is this?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241644"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There's no such variable - use @cdname@
I'm on a horse.

Reply #70
Quote from: Synthetic Soul,Sep 14 2004, 01:35 PM

My command propmt in EAC is mareo.ini "%n %t" %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not definite here, but it should all work fine if you just use the standard command line options:

mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

I think the suggestion to switch to:

... was misleading.

I don't use MAREO, but I have made a nuisance of myself during kwanbis' development of version 2, and during this process I posted an example [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22120&view=findpost&p=240374]here[/url], which seems to proove that just using the basic command line options should work fine for you both, as it did for me...

I may be seriously confused 

Update: Looks like I could be.  I have just seen from the MAREO site that "The second parameter (after mareo.ini) is the naming scheme as we want it to be, with no extension and no folders." - in this case %o will no longer work, as that will have ".wav" at the end.

I see from previous posts in this thread that this was changed in 2.0.2 - but kwanbis does say in this post "if you pass no extension in @finalnameonly@, MAREO does fine".  This suggests that you can if you want...

Oh heck!  Give it a try and let me know.  I may try when I get home and have access to EAC and MAREO.

NB: if you can't still use %o then I would suggest this needs to be resolved with MAREO somehow - as zero-padded track numbers are imperative for file naming.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241681"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/quote]
well, actually, the foobar2000 modifications i did, allows you to use %o again, i have just to modify the documentation :| ... i can also add an alias for @album@ if it is more clear ... mmmm ... sugestions?

Reply #71
well, actually, the foobar2000 modifications i did, allows you to use %o again, i have just to modify the documentation :| [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241698"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

See Update 2 above 
i can also add an alias for @album@ if it is more clear ... mmmm ... sugestions?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241698"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that makes sense - no reason why not really.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #72
the download for 2.0.3 is not available on the Mareo site

Reply #73
the download for 2.0.3 is not available on the Mareo site[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You download the latest version near the top - 4th paragraph down.

Or click on this link: [a href="http://mareo.monkeydev.org/mareo.zip]http://mareo.monkeydev.org/mareo.zip[/url]

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: spelling[/span]
I'm on a horse.

Reply #74
oh sorry, I didn't see that. Thanks for the link