Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 2.x discussion topic.. (Read 114840 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 2.x discussion topic..

Reply #375
Same as your's except it looks like you have multiple ini files (normal and abby normal)

scrON fileON mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

So I download CDex and install it and use the generic command line from the MAREO webiste and do not change the ini file and everything works no problems. 

Has to be something with EAC.  and something with those tmp files ????

Reply #376
Alright, so...we're still missing a few details here.

Your EAC settings (on the External Compression tab); not only the command line parameters.
EAC version and also MAREO version that you use.

Btw, with MAREO 2.2.0 I think it should be 'logON', not 'fileON'.
And keep in mind that in MAREO 2.2.0, MAREO'd save the first encoder's encoded file to the directory EAC pointed.

When you clicked the 'MP3' button in EAC, you're asked about which directory to save your compressed files, right?
That directory is the one that MAREO uses for its first encoder on the .ini file.
In your case, LAME encoded files (since it's the first encoder on your .ini file) are put in that particular directory.

So that's probably why mp3gain couldn't find the files stated in PATH = c:\My Music\@artist@\@album@ since MAREO didn't move the file to that directory.
Though the log file says it's a success, it doesn't really tell you where MAREO puts the final resulting file, namely @finalnameonly@.mp3.
Supposedly it's being put in the directory that you picked when you pressed the 'MP3' button in EAC.

And IIRC, MAREO 2.2.0 doesn't delete the ripped WAVs.
The older MAREO 2.1.2 does this; you might want to try this one.
Plus, MAREO 2.1.2 follows the PATH settings in the .ini file right from the first encoder, ignoring EAC.

Reply #377
I doubt it's a MAREO-Problem. Perhaps it's limited by EAC...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351396"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Easy enough to test.
Rip the same cd to each encoder seperately.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351413"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello,

Here I'm with the result of a previously suggested test to verify if MAREO has an issue handling long filenames; specifically while passing values through the variables.  Unfortunately it took longer for me to have time to do the test.  The original post was made the last week of December (Post #307)

As you may remember, I reported having issues while ripping CDs with long titles, specifically titles longer than 76 characters.

As suggested by GHammer, I ripped the same track with a long title to each one of the codecs separately (FLAC and MP3) and they both have no issues. Title is properly and fully stored in the tags.

I don't know if this is conclusive as to say that the 76 character limit is caused by MAREO.

Kwanbis, could you take a look at it?

Thank you,

Ozee

PS:  Using EAC + MAREO 220b1 to rip to FLAC and MP3-LAME

Reply #378
my machine is restored, i have to install delphi, and then i would take a look at all the issues.

Reply #379
Hello,
I have uploaded Mp3AlbumGain v0.7. It should now be possible to set it up for aacgain also, see readme for instructions.
I intend to make the program more flexible (support for tag.exe, winrar ...), rename it to "album.exe" and create a seperate topic for it.
Brgds,
Koen.

Reply #380
I cannot seem to get Mareo to work as I wish after several attempts.  All I wish to do is have it burn a lossless file (FLAC)  along with a lossy file (MP3) using Exact Audio Copy.  I wish to have the two files ripped to separate folders:

1. flac file ripped to the following directory:
    C:\My Music\flac\<album>/<album>/<track#>_<artist>_<track title>.flac
2. lossy file ripped to the following directory:
    C:\My Music\mp3\<album>/<album>/<track#>_<artist>_<track title>.mp3

The Exact Audio Copy program command line is set up as follows:
    1. Paramater passing scheme: User Defined Encoder
    2. Use file extension: mp3
    3. Program, including path, used for compression:
          C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe
      4. Additional command line options:
          scrON fileON mareo.ini "%tn - %t" %1 %2 "%a" "%b" "%t" "%tn" "%y" "%g"
      5. Bit rate: 192 kBit/s
      6. Delete WAV after compression: Checked

The mareo.ini file is setup as follows:

; *** FLAC EXAMPLE ***
;EXT = flac
;PATH = C:\My Music\@extonly@\@artist@\@album@
;ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\flac.exe
;PARAMETERS = -5 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@songname@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@"

; MAREO - (M.)ultiple (A.)pplications (R.)unner for (E.)AC and (O.)thers.

; Literal          From              Replacing Value
; @finalnameonly@  Parameter # 2    Encoded File Final File Name (ie.: artist - cd - track - name)
; @source@          Parameter # 3    FULL Source File Name
; @dest@            Parameter # 4    FULL Destination File Name
; @artist@          Parameter # 5    CD Artist Name
; @album@          Parameter # 6    CD Name
; @title@          Parameter # 7    Song Name
; @track@          Parameter # 8    Track (song) Number
; @year@            Parameter # 9    Year of the CD release
; @genre@          Parameter # 10    CD's Music Genre
; @11@ .. @nn@      Parameter # 11... User Definenable
;
; @ownpath@        MAREO finds out  the full path to MAREO, without the the ending backslash
; @finalpathonly@  MAREO finds out  the final path to where the encode file will end
; @finalfullname@  MAREO finds out  the final full name of the encoded file: @finalpathonly@ + \ + @finanameonly@
; @tmpfullname@    MAREO finds out  the full temporal name with the encoder extension
; @tmppathonly@    MAREO finds out  the full temporal path, without the ending backslash
; @tmpnameonly@    MAREO finds out  the temporal name, without any extension
; @extonly@        MAREO finds out  the encoder file extension without the dot (ie: OGG)

; ====================================================================================================
=======================
; PRE-PROCESSORS
; ====================================================================================================
=======================

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; WAVEGAIN
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; EXT = NONE
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = wavegain.exe
; PARAMETERS = --radio --apply --noclip "@source@"

=======================
; LOSSY ENCODERS
=======================

; MP3 LAME (recommended VBR settings)
EXT = mp3
PATH = C:\My Music\mp3\@artist@\@album@
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V2 --vbr-new  --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" --tc "LAME+MAREO" "@source@" "@dest@"

; MP3 GOGO NO CODA (fastest MP3 encoder, based on LAME 3.8x) (http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html)
; EXT = mp3
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = gogo.exe
; PARAMETERS = -v 0 -q 0 -m j "@source@" "@dest@"

; OGG VORBIS
; EXT = ogg
; PATH = @artist@\@album@
; ENCODER = oggenc.exe
; PARAMETERS = -q 5 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -t "@title@" -N "@track@" -d @year@ -G "@genre@" -c "COMMENTS=VORBIS+MAREO"

; MPC (MusePack)
; EXT = mpc
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = mppenc.exe
; PARAMETERS = --quality 4 --xlevel --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --title "@title@" --track "@track@" --year @year@ --genre "@genre@"--comment "MUSEPACK+MAREO" "@source@" "@dest@"

; MP4 (iTunes + iTunesEncode: http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode.zip)
; EXT = m4a
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = iTunesEncode.exe
; Usage: iTunesEncode.exe [options] -i <input.wav> [-o <output.ext>]
; PARAMETERS = -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -n @track@ -t "@title@" -y @year@ -g "@genre@" -c "iTUNES+MAREO" -i "@source@" -o "@dest@"

; MP4 (QuickTime + Qutibacoas: http://avtools.efenstor.net/qutibacoas.htm)
; EXT = mp4
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = qutibacoas.exe
; "PATH TO QUICKTIME" usually is "C:\Program Files\QuickTime"
; PARAMETERS = "PATH TO QUICKTIME\QuickTimePlayer.exe" "@source@" "@dest@"

; MP4 (Nero AAC VBR + NAACEnc - Requires Nero Burning Rom to be installed)
; EXT = mp4
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = NAACEnc.exe
; PARAMETERS = -normal "@source@" "@dest@"

; MP4 (Nero AAC CBR + NAACEnc - Requires Nero Burning Rom to be installed)
; EXT = mp4
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = NAACEnc.exe
; PARAMETERS = -cbr192 "@source@" "@dest@"

=======================
; LOSSLESS ENOCERS
=======================

; FLAC
EXT = flac
PATH = C:\My Music\flac\@artist@\@album@
ENCODER = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\flac.exe
PARAMETERS = -5 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T title="@title@" -T tracknumber="@track@" -T date=@year@ -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="FLAC+MAREO"

; WavPack v4
; ** NORMAL FILE**
; EXT = wv
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = wavpack.exe
; PARAMETERS = -hb192 "@source@" "@dest@"

; Monkeys Audio
; EXT = ape
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = mac.exe
; PARAMETERS = "@source@" "@dest@" -c4000

; TTA - True Audio Software
; EXT = tta
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = ttaenc.exe
; PARAMETERS =  -e -o "@dest@" "@source@"

=======================
; LOSSLESS + LOSSY ENOCERS (Hybrid Encoders)
=======================

; WavPack v4 (HYBRID WITH CORRECTION FILE)
; ** NORMAL FILE**
; EXT = wv
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = wavpack.exe
; PARAMETERS = -hb192 -c "@source@" "@dest@"
; ** CORRECTION FILE (RENAME ONLY) **
; EXT = wvc
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = NONE
; PARAMETERS = NONE

; OptimFROG (WITH CORRECTION FILE)
; ** NORMAL FILE**
; EXT = ofs
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = ofs.exe
; PARAMETERS = --correction "@source@"
; ** CORRECTION FILE (RENAME ONLY) **
; EXT = ofc
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = NONE
; PARAMETERS = NONE

=======================
; OTHERS
=======================

; (GENERAL) WAPET APEv2 TAGS (requires wapet.exe)
; EXT = extension of the encoder you are gonna use, for example ape for Monkey Audio.
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = wapet.exe
; PARAMETERS = WAPET_PARAMETERS + ENCODER_PARAMETERS
; NOTE WAPET PARAMETERS are: "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@album@" -t "Title=@title@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" -t "Comment=WAPET+MAREO"

; Monkeys Audio with APEv2 TAGS (requires wapet.exe)
; EXT = ape
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = wapet.exe
; PARAMETERS = "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@album@" -t "Title=@title@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" -t "Comment=MONKEYSAUDIO+WAPET+MAREO" mac.exe "@source@" "@dest@" -c4000

; Musepack with APEv2 TAGS (requires wapet.exe)
; EXT = mpc
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = wapet.exe
; PARAMETERS = "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@album@" -t "Title=@title@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" -t "Comment=WAPET+MAREO" mppenc.exe --quality 4 --xlevel "@source@" "@dest@"

; EOF

The log file after ripping appears as:

MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others - GPL Licensed
2.2.0 - Copyright 2003-2005 by Kwanbis - http://www.webearce.com.ar/
Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ http://borland.com/delphi/)

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe" scrON fileON mareo.ini "The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Damage Done"  "Neil Young" "B74CFF61
" "The Needle And The Damage Done" "The Needle And The Damage Donen" "2004" "Greatest Hits"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIfileName  (%1) = mareo.ini
@finalnameonly@  (%2) = The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Damage Done
      @source@  (%3) = Neil Young
        @dest@  (%4) = B74CFF61
      @artist@  (%5) = The Needle And The Damage Done
        @album@  (%6) = The Needle And The Damage Donen
        @title@  (%7) = 2004
        @track@  (%8) = Greatest Hits
        @year@  (%9) =
        @genre@ (%10) =

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

NEW Extension      = mp3

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\.mp3
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy
TMP Dest Name Only =

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\My Music\mp3\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen\The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Damage Done.mp3
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\My Music\mp3\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen
FINAL NAME Name Only = The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Damage Done

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new  --ignore-tag-errors --ta "The Needle And The Damage Done" --tl "The Needle And The Damage Donen" --tt "2004" --tn "Greatest Hits" --ty  --tg "" --tc "LAME+MAREO" "Neil Young" "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\.mp3" ...
Could not find "Neil Young".
*ERROR*!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

NEW Extension      = flac

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\.flac
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy
TMP Dest Name Only =

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\My Music\flac\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen\The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Dama
ge Done.flac
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\My Music\flac\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen
FINAL NAME Name Only = The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Damage Done

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\flac.exe -5 "Neil Young" -o "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\.flac" -T artist="The Needle And The Damage Done" -T
album="The Needle And The Damage Donen" -T title="2004" -T tracknumber="Greatest Hits" -T date= -T genre="" -T comment="FLAC+MAREO" ...
*ERROR*!

Checking for directory: C:\My Music\flac\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen ...
Directory: C:\My Music\flac\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen Exists.
RENAMING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\.flac => C:\My Music\flac\The Needle And The Damage Done\The Needle And The Damage Donen\The Needle And The Damage Donen - The Needle And The Damage Done.flac *ERROR*!

Neil Young DOES NOT EXISTS!

*** DONE ***

3 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.

It seems to be suffixing the folder names with a "n" as in the "The Needle and the Damage Donen". Neither a flac file or a mp3 file appears in the proper folders.  Nothing appears execpt for a WAV file named 0tmp1!542.wav Can someone help me to get where I want to go? 

Thanks.

Reply #381
The Exact Audio Copy program command line is set up as follows:
     1. Paramater passing scheme: User Defined Encoder
     2. Use file extension: mp3
     3. Program, including path, used for compression:
          C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe
      4. Additional command line options:
           scrON fileON mareo.ini "%tn - %t" %1 %2 "%a" "%b" "%t" "%tn" "%y" "%g"
      5. Bit rate: 192 kBit/s
      6. Delete WAV after compression: Checked
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358819"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It seems like you used CDEX SETUP EXAMPLE instead of EAC SETUP EXAMPLE (mareo.txt)?
Try scrON fileON mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m" instead.
Hope you didn't burn your harddisk 

Reply #382
OK, thanks for your help. 

We are getting closer!  I am successfully able to rip to two different formats, with one exception.  The first encoder (mp3) does not go into the file structure I want - it just appears at the top level - i.e.:

C:\My Music\09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.mp3

The second encoder (flac) does go correctly into the file structure:

C:\My Music\flac\Neil Young\Greatest Hits\09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.flac

How do I get the first encoder (mp3) into the following structure:

C:\My Music\mp3\Neil Young\Greatest Hits\09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.mp3

The mareo log file seems to say it is doing this, but the result is wrong:

MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others - GPL Licensed
2.2.0 - Copyright 2003-2005 by Kwanbis - http://www.webearce.com.ar/
Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ http://borland.com/delphi/)

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\EAC\mareo.exe" scrON fileON mareo.ini "09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.wav" "C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.wav" "C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.mp3" "Neil Young" "Greatest Hits" "The Needle And The Damage Done" "09" 2004 "Rock"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIfileName  (%1) = mareo.ini
@finalnameonly@  (%2) = 09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done
      @source@  (%3) = C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.wav
        @dest@  (%4) = C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.mp3
      @artist@  (%5) = Neil Young
        @album@  (%6) = Greatest Hits
        @title@  (%7) = The Needle And The Damage Done
        @track@  (%8) = 09
        @year@  (%9) = 2004
        @genre@ (%10) = Rock
          @11@ (%11) = 2004
          @12@ (%12) = Rock

NEW Extension      = mp3

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.mp3
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\My Music
TMP Dest Name Only = 0tmp660-!

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\My Music\mp3\Neil Young\Greatest Hits\09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.mp3
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\My Music\mp3\Neil Young\Greatest Hits
FINAL NAME Name Only = 09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done

EXECUTING: C:\EAC\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new  --ignore-tag-errors --ta "Neil Young" --tl "Greatest Hits" --tt "The Needle And The Damage Done" --tn "09" --ty 2004 --tg "Rock" --tc "LAME+MAREO" "C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.wav" "C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.mp3" ... SUCCESS!

NEW Extension      = flac

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.flac
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\My Music
TMP Dest Name Only = 0tmp660-!

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\My Music\flac\Neil Young\Greatest Hits\09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.flac
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\My Music\flac\Neil Young\Greatest Hits
FINAL NAME Name Only = 09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe -5 "C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.wav" -o "C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.flac" -T artist="Neil Young" -T album="Greatest Hits" -T title="The Needle And The Damage Done" -T tracknumber="09" -T date=2004 -T genre="Rock" -T comment="FLAC+MAREO" ... SUCCESS!

Checking for directory: C:\My Music\flac\Neil Young\Greatest Hits ...
CREATING: C:\My Music\flac\Neil Young\Greatest Hits ... SUCCESS!

RENAMING: C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.flac => C:\My Music\flac\Neil Young\Greatest Hits\09 - Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done.flac SUCCESS!

DELETING: C:\My Music\0tmp660-!.wav ... SUCCESS!

*** DONE ***

NO errors ocurred.

My mareo.ini mp3 entry looks like this:

EXT = mp3
ENCODER = C:\EAC\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V2 --vbr-new  --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" --tc "LAME+MAREO" "@source@" "@dest@"

The above path seems to suggest it should go into the correct folder. 
What is happening here?

Reply #383

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXT = mp3
ENCODER = C:\EAC\lame.exe

The above path seems to suggest it should go into the correct folder. 
What is happening here?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358972"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The first encoder is handled by EAC, I set PATH=NONE for the first encoder in my Mareo.ini.
In your case, to instruct EAC to put the mp3's in the desired folder:
- Go to EAC menu | EAC Options Dialog
- On the Directories tab, select "Use this directory", and specify C:\My Music\mp3\
- On the Filename  Tab, specify Naming Scheme %A\%C\%N - %A - %T
This should work - except maybe that track numbers will not have leading zero's, don't know about that.
Brgds,
Koen.

Reply #384
OK - we are defintely there, thanks for the assist!

Now that I got it working, is there anything else I can add to get the best burn possible?  I plan on archiving my entire CD collection at some point.  For instance, I see others using ReplayGain and AccurateRip but I am not sure how to incorporate these or whether it is worth it.

Reply #385
An easier solution'd be using an older version of MAREO I posted somewhere in this thread and you only need the .ini file (it doesn't care w/ EAC's directory settings) to have the encoded files placed correctly.
But that's just me. =)

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the upcoming version.
Bring it on, kwanbis!

Reply #386
It took longer than spected, with HDD crash in the midle and all, but we have the first beta of MAREO 3.0. I have changed the way the INI file works, so now the final name of each encoded file is defined there (on the INI), also, the option of rename first file, delete the wave file, log to screen and file:

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; DOES MAREO NEEDS TO LOG TO THE SCREEN?
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LogToScreen = TRUE

; DOES MAREO NEEDS TO LOG TO A TXT FILE?
LogToFile = TRUE

; MAREO RENAMES THE FIRST ENCODED FILE?
RenameFirstFile = TRUE

; DOES MAREO DELETES THE WAV FILE AFTER ENCODING?
DeleteWavFile = TRUE

; WAVEGAIN
FULLNAME = NONE
ENCODER = wavegain.exe
PARAMETERS = --radio --apply --noclip "@source@"

FULLNAME = C:\Music\@artist@\@album@ - @track@. @title@.MP3
ENCODER = lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V2 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" --tc "LAME+MAREO" "@source@" "@dest@"

because of the changes, now MAREO's command line should be:

mareo.exe IniFileName @source@ @dest@ [@artist@ @album@ @title@ @track@ @year@ @genre@ @1@ .. @nn@]

MAREO no longer needs to have the %o parameter of EAC.

i have ripped some cds, and it looks ok.

I haven't implemented the "album" mode option yet.

I would like those with guts to test it

Reply #387
I would like those with guts to test it
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=362643"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Will do it tonight.  Thank you Kwanbis.

Reply #388
cool, thanks.

Reply #389
3.0 beta 2. tests and comments please.

Reply #390
if MAREO does not receives either of @artist@ @album@ @title@ @year@ @genre@, it would fill it with:

Code: [Select]
@artist@  -> unknown_artist
@album@ -> unknown_album
@title@    -> unknown_title
@year@   -> 1999
@genre@ -> Misc

my doubt is with year ... shoul i use something weird, like 1901, so it can easily be tell apart, or current year?

Reply #391
shoul i use something weird, like 1901, so it can easily be tell apart, or current year?

I think it should be either left blank or, if this isnt possible, 1900 or 1901, like you suggested. Or maybe 1000.

BTW, has anybody encountered problems using MAREO with the CD ripper in foobar v0.9 beta12? MAREO 2.0.4 crashes (not foobar) when I convert from CD. DUnno what's wrong.

EDIT: Oops, never mind. I think it might be just the "EXT = WAV / PATH = NONE" workaround. Forgot to delete it in my INI file.
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #392
i actually havent tested 3b2 with foobar yet.

Reply #393
BTW:
One good reason to let EAC set the path AND final name for the first encoded file:

EAC will be able to create a playlist file (at least for the first encoded files).

This also means, that EAC should delete the wav-file instaed of MAREO because this ensures that the first encoded file gets its final name from EAC. If MAREO renames the first encoded file, the EAC-created playlist probably won't work...

Reply #394
well, in MAREO 3 allows you to do as you please

Reply #395
ok, MAREO 3, would have many new INI options:

;---------------------------------------------------
; DOES MAREO NEEDS TO LOG TO THE SCREEN?
LogToScreen = TRUE

; DOES MAREO NEEDS TO LOG TO A TXT FILE?
LogToFile = TRUE

; MAREO RENAMES THE FIRST ENCODED FILE (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
RenameFirstFile = TRUE

; DOES MAREO DELETES THE WAV FILE AFTER ENCODING (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
DeleteWavFile = FALSE

and the encoders would be configured like this:

; MP3 LAME: best MP3 encoder: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html
FULLNAME = C:\Music\@artist@ - @album@\@track@. @title@.mp3
ENCODER = lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V5 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"
AFTEREND = FALSE

the "AFTEREND" value, tells MAREO to run the encoder/processor, if it is the LAST track. It would be used for album-gain.

Now, MAREO needs to know what the final track is.

I have thinked on a simple command line exe, that ask you what is the number of tracks, you type 12, and then it creates a txt file you that MAREO check each time it runs.

If they mach, it runs this encoder. And at the end, it deletes the track-txt file.

Is it simple enought?

Reply #396
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']MAREO 3.0 Beta 2 Test Run[/span]

Ok, I'm done testing MAREO 3.0 Beta 2.
At last, after a few weeks of hiatus... -sigh-

Worked perfectly, but with a few quirks.
...well, maybe it's not perfect afterall, but I still like the configurability of this version.
Namely to set MAREO's behaviour via the mareo.ini; nicely done. =)

I haven't tested with pre-processor(s) like WaveGain, but I did test with some post-processors.
They're mp3gain and vorbisgain.

This is my config in EAC :

mareo.ini %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"
Please note the absence of %o (since MAREO doesn't need it anymore).

Do not copy and paste directly what's in the mareo.txt, which is this one :

mareo.exe IniFileName @source@ @dest@ [@artist@ @album@ @title@ @track@ @year@ @genre@ @1@ .. @nn@]
Since EAC only needs the parameters, omit 'mareo.exe'.
IniFileName should be 'mareo.ini', w/o the quotes.
@source@ and @dest@ should be whatever your ripper's parameter passing standard.
So, in EAC's case, change :

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']@source@ @dest@[/span]
into
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']%s %d[/span]

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'][@artist@ @album@ @title@ @track@ @year@ @genre@ @1@ .. @nn@][/span]
into
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"[/span]

Maybe you should change the instructions a bit for the final version, kwanbis.
Since most newbies'd probably just copy and paste what's in mareo.txt.

Alright, that's the setup for EAC.
Now, it's the mareo.ini.

MAREO 3.0 Beta 2 slightly changes the configuration a bit.
'EXT' and 'PATH' is replaced by a single 'FULLNAME' entry.
Here's a snippet from my 'old' mareo.ini and the 'new' mareo.ini
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'](they're not exactly old or new, mind you...)[/span]

From this :

EXT = mp3
PATH = D:\My Music\MP3\@artist@ - @album@
To this :

FULLNAME = D:\My Music\MP3\@artist@ - @album@\@track@ - @title@.mp3

Personally, I like the latter more, since I don't have to worry about what kind of file naming convention I set in EAC.
But 'FULLNAME' has a subtle, yet dangerous, effect; I'll explain later.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'](might be too exaggerated, but hey...)[/span]

Ok, so I configured mareo.ini and set up two encoders and two post-processor.
They are lame.exe and oggenc2.exe, with mp3gain.exe and vorbisgain.exe.
I encode a track only, not an album which is pretty much unnecessary.

This is my mareo.ini :

ENCODER = C:\encoders\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V 2 --vbr-new -Y --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"

ENCODER = C:\encoders\mp3gain.exe
PARAMETERS = /r /k /p /s r "@finalfullname@"

FULLNAME = D:\My Music\Vorbis\@artist@ - @album@\@track@ - @title@.ogg
ENCODER = C:\encoders\oggenc2.exe
PARAMETERS = -q 4 "@source@" -o "@dest@" -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -t "@title@" -N "@track@" -d @year@ -G "@genre@"

FULLNAME = D:\My Music\Vorbis\@artist@ - @album@\@track@ - @title@.ogg
ENCODER = C:\encoders\vorbisgain.exe
PARAMETERS = "@finalfullname@"

Then, the encoding began.
...thus ended with two errors and the encoded files are nowhere to be found.
No .mp3, no.ogg, nothing.
Just two empty new folders created correctly just like what I specified in mareo.ini.

So, what happened exactly?

Here's a snippet from my mareo.log.

ENCODER Extension  = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3
TEMPORAL Path Only = D:\eac_wavs
TEMPORAL Name Only = 0tmp1!542

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~
FINAL Name Only    = 01 - Ominira

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\lame.exe -V 2 --vbr-new -Y --ignore-tag-errors --ta "Lisa Ono" --tl "NAIMA ~meu anjo~" --tt "Ominira" --tn "01" --ty 2004 --tg "Jazz" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.wav" "D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3" ... SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~" does NOT exists, creating ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3 => D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3 ... SUCCESS!!

ENCODER Extension  = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3
TEMPORAL Path Only = D:\eac_wavs
TEMPORAL Name Only = 0tmp1!542

FINAL Full Name    = D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~
FINAL Name Only    = 01 - Ominira

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\mp3gain.exe /r /k /p /s r "D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3" ... SUCCESS!!

DIRECTORY "D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~" allready exists.

DELETING: D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3 ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3 => D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3 ... **ERROR**
And then, pay attention to this part of the snippet.

EXECUTING: C:\encoders\mp3gain.exe /r /k /p /s r "D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3" ... SUCCESS!!

DELETING: D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3 ... SUCCESS!!

RENAMING: D:\eac_wavs\0tmp1!542.mp3 => D:\My Music\MP3\Lisa Ono - NAIMA ~meu anjo~\01 - Ominira.mp3 ... **ERROR**
Apparently, when MAREO finds that a file is already exist, it'll delete the original file and attempt to replace it with a new one.
This is good for new encoding runs, but bad for post-processing.

The key is the new 'FULLNAME' parameter.
When set, it makes MAREO to look for duplicates, and replace them if found.
When 'FULLNAME' is set to 'NONE', however, MAREO simply doesn't check and just run whatever specified in 'ENCODER' and 'PARAMETERS'.

So for MAREO 3.0 Beta 2, change the mareo.ini for post-processing accordingly, like this :

Before

PARAMETERS = /r /k /p /s r "@finalfullname@"
After

FULLNAME = NONE
PARAMETERS = /r /k /p /s r "D:\My Music\MP3\@artist@ - @album@\@track@ - @title@.mp3"
I think this 'problem' should be addressed in the documentation of the final MAREO 3.0 and I suggest to revise mareo.ini to reflect that as well, kwanbis.
This kind of behaviour of MAREO isn't bad, but it'd surely frustrate newbies if there's lack of info. =)

Another thing that bugs me in the default mareo.ini.

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MPC (MusePack): excelent low bitrates encoder: http://www.rarewares.org/mpc.html
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought MPC's for high bitrates?

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']Suggestions[/span]

Single 'l' in 'allready' please.
And that 'excelent' should be 'excellent'.
Nitpicking, I know, but it's something easily fixed, right? =)

Playlist creation is a good idea, and I think it's not too hard to implement either.
M3U playlist is basically a text file with filenames in it, with one filename per line.

Changes in mareo.ini to accomodate playlist creation should be :
  • A new entry called 'PLAYLIST'.
    Its value should be 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'.
  • A new entry to specify the name of the playlist, such as 'PLAYLISTNAME'.
    Ignored when 'PLAYLIST' is set to 'FALSE' or there's no 'PLAYLIST' entry specified.
  • Or, the playlist name can be specified along with 'PLAYLIST'.
    For an example --> [span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']PLAYLIST = TRUE "@artist@ - @album@.m3u"[/span]
  • A new entry called 'TRACKNUM', which its value is @tracknum@, which is derived from %x (in EAC's case; don't know about CDex) like koend pointed out.
As for MAREO itself, its behaviour should (at the least) be like this :
  • Check if the directory in the 'FULLNAME' entry has a playlist file of the same name.
  • When there's none, create a new M3U file when MAREO's counter reaches @tracknum@.
    Of course, MAREO should scan the directory for files and include them to the playlist file.
  • When there exist a playlist of the same name, just replace the old one.
That's basically it.

Now, regarding album gain, it's not that hard I guess (with EAC at least).
Well, like koend pointed out, %x should make EAC passes the total track number of a given album (CD).
I think you should use that instead of requiring users to input the track number manually.

After that, the filename values for any RG apps should be from scanning the directory in the specified 'FULLNAME' entry.
Or if there's an M3U file, filenames for the RG app can be derived from that.

Thus I propose this new mareo.ini structure :

ENCODER = C:\encoders\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V 2 --vbr-new -Y --ignore-tag-errors --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"
TRACKNUM = @tracknum@
PLAYLIST = TRUE "@album@ - @artist@.m3u"
POSTPROCESS = TRUE ALBUM
POSTPROCESSOR = C:\encoders\mp3gain.exe
POSTPARAMETERS = /a /k /p @filelist@
A few notes for the proposed structure :
  • 'POSTPROCESS' value could be 'TRUE ALBUM', 'TRUE TRACK', or 'FALSE'.
    'TRUE ALBUM' is when you want to do album gain.
    'TRUE TRACK' is when you want to do track gain.
    'FALSE' should make MAREO ignores 'POSTPROCESSOR' and 'POSTPARAMETERS'.
    Please note that when set to 'TRUE ALBUM', MAREO should not do a post-processing until the counter reaches @tracknum@.
  • @filelist@ in 'POSTPARAMETERS' is derived either from scanning the directory in 'FULLNAME' or from an existing (if there's any; MAREO should check this) playlist file which name is like the value in the 'PLAYLIST' entry.
    Also, every filename in the generated @filelist@ should be surrounded with double quotes.
  • It'd be better if MAREO, in scanning a directory, pay attention to file extension and include only those files which has the same extension as what's in the 'FULLNAME' entry for playlist creation and @filelist@ generation when a valid playlist doesn't exist.
  • @filelist@ should be used only when 'POSTPROCESS' is set to 'TRUE ALBUM', and for 'TRUE TRACK' users should use "@finalfullname@" (w/ double quotes).
    Of course, if possible, MAREO should attempt to use @filelist@ when the user sets 'POSTPROCESS' to 'TRUE ALBUM' but 'POSTPARAMETERS' contains "@finalfullname@", and vice versa.
  • Please note that "@finalfullname@" has to use double quotes and @filelist@ doesn't need to, since @filelist@ should already contain a list of double quoted filenames.
    Or you could make @finalfullname@ to include double quotes by default.
That's all I can think of right now.
It's getting late here, and this post is getting longer and longer the more I think of the possibilities.

Gotta stop now. =b

Reply #397
Now, regarding album gain, it's not that hard I guess (with EAC at least).
Well, like koend pointed out, %x should make EAC passes the total track number of a given album (CD).
I think you should use that instead of requiring users to input the track number manually.

From the CDex help file:
%tt = Total number of tracks (with leading zero)

koend

Reply #398
This sounds n00bish, but:

Has anybody had any luck using MAREO with the ripper in foobar2000 v0.9? I can't seem to get it to work. foobar rips the WAV, then dialog box just ticks away the seconds for ages, until finally I get a message that says "Error flushing file <title.wv>". Either that or MAREO crashes (2.0.4). I've tried 2.0.4, 2.1.2, 2.2.0 with 0.9beta 12.

If anybody is ripping with fb2k 0.9 + MAREO, could they please post the MAREO version they're using, the fb2k setup and the INI config as well. Would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

kindofblue
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #399
I haven't yet tried fb2k + MAREO combo, but I'll run some tests.
I'll follow this up in the new MAREO 3.0 thread since I'll be using that version. =)