Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 2.x discussion topic.. (Read 114841 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 2.x discussion topic..

Reply #25
Excellent piece of work Kwanbis! Took a bit of time to configure the ini file to do what I wanted, but I've now successfully tried several different compression combinations, including compressing the wav file through wavegain to flac, mp3, vorbis, and aac in one pass.

Something I noticed is that I had to disable EAC from starting external compressors in the background.  If I tried to rip all tracks first then compress all the files through MAREO, two different windows opened (even with only one compressor thread), and some wav files weren't compressed. If I let EAC rip the first track then MAREO compress, rip second track, compress, rip third track, and so on, everything went according to plan. Is this normal?

To create relative links for your web page, remove everything in the link before the last forward slash. For example, use mareo.zip, config_eac.jpg, and config_cdex.jpg as the links then place them in the same directory on your server as index.htm.

Reply #26
To create relative links for your web page, remove everything in the link before the last forward slash. For example, use mareo.zip, config_eac.jpg, and config_cdex.jpg as the links then place them in the same directory on your server as index.htm.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240868"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I always use a dot and a slash in front of the file name: ./mareo.zip

Reply #27
<a href="mareo.zip">download</a>

That should work.

Also

<a href="./mareo.zip">download</a>

btw, his new host is me as part of my monkeydev.org project.  Basically just a way of getting free space to the developers who really need it (Netfirms is wank )

Jan

Reply #28
thnks irchs for the space ... i have taken the oportunity to change all the documentation and i think is much more clear now ... i would like to hear coments by the way ... also ... what happens with MAREO position in GOOGLE, if i change from mareo.netfirms.com to mareo.monkeydev.org? (MAREO is number 1-4 in google ).

Reply #29
What I would do... is leave a re-direct from your old site.  Google should update sharpish, especially since your kind enough to put my google-ads on your site

I can give you a hand with that if you like too

Jan

Reply #31
By the way... I would like to use MAREO together with EAC for ripping the CDs as MP3 and APE. I place the files in...

C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive

...and...

C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable

Inside those folders, I have a structure:

\Artist\Album\## Title.ext

I used the pre-defined configuration for both LAME and Monkey's Audio (+Wapet):

Code: [Select]
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MP3 LAME
; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXT = mp3
PATH = NONE
ENCODER = lame3961.exe
PARAMETERS = --preset standard --noreplaygain --ta "@artist@" --tl "@cdname@" --tt "@songname@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Monkeys Audio with APEv2 TAGS (requires wapet.exe)
EXT = ape
PATH = NONE
ENCODER = wapet.exe
PARAMETERS = "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@cdname@" -t "Title=@songname@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" mac.exe "@source@" "@dest@" -c4000

How exactly would I tell MAREO to place the files in the output folders I want?

PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\@artist@\@cdname@

...and...

PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\@artist@\@cdname@

Would I have to remove the "@dest@" from the command lines then?

Regards,
Sebastian

Reply #32

if you want to do something like \Artist\Album\## Title.ext on the command line options instead of:

mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

you should do something like:

mareo.ini "%n %t" %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

so mareo would get the "number song name" as the names

what are .htaccess files and mod_rewrite?

Reply #33
What I would do... is leave a re-direct from your old site.  Google should update sharpish, especially since your kind enough to put my google-ads on your site

I can give you a hand with that if you like too

something like this?

Reply #34

if you want to do something like \Artist\Album\## Title.ext on the command line options instead of:

mareo.ini %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

you should do something like:

so mareo would get the "number song name" as the names

what are .htaccess files and mod_rewrite?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK, I will look into it.

.htaccess files are files which instruct the server application Apache what to do. If specified, .htaccess files can overwrite certain global settings. One could require a user name and a password for accessing a directory for example. You could also ban access from some IP address using .htaccess files.
Anyways, Apache also supports modules and one of the most popular Apache module is mod_rewrite. You can call that module and pass parameters to it using .htaccess files. A rewrite rule could instruct mod_rewrite to redirect all request to another server, so somebody wanting to acces "bleh.txt" from the old server could be redirected to "bleh.txt" on the new server. This is a server side solution, unlike META REDIRECT or JavaScript redirects which are client side and work only if the user's browser supports those methods.

[a href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/htaccess.html]http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/htaccess.html[/url]

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

Reply #35
Damn, doesn't work:

MAREO - [M]ultiple [A]pplications [R]unner for [E]AC and [O]thers.
Developed with Borland Delphi (info @ http://borland.com/delphi).
Version 2.0.1 -- Copyright 2003-2004 by Kwanbis --- GPL Licensed.

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe" mareo.ini "1 Is This Love" "C:\Doc
uments and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Docum
ents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3" "Bob Marley
" "Legend" "Is This Love" "1" 1984 "Reggae"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIfileName  (%1) = mareo.ini
@finalnameonly@  (%2) = 1 Is This Love
      @source@  (%3) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\L
egend\0tmp7!1!5.wav
        @dest@  (%4) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\L
egend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3
      @artist@  (%5) = Bob Marley
      @cdname@  (%6) = Legend
    @songname@  (%7) = Is This Love
       @track@  (%8) = 1
        @year@  (%9) = 1984
       @genre@ (%10) = Reggae

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

NEW Extension      = mp3

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Lege
nd\0tmp7!1!5.mp3
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Lege
nd
TMP Dest Name Only = 0tmp7!1!5

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Le
gend\.mp3
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Le
gend
FINAL NAME Name Only =

EXECUTING: lame3961.exe --preset standard --noreplaygain --ta "Bob Marley" --tl
"Legend" --tt "Is This Love" --tn "1" --ty 1984 --tg "Reggae" "C:\Documents and
Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Se
ttings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3" ...
LAME version 3.96.1 (http://lame.sourceforge.net/)
CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE, SSE2
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 18671 Hz - 19205 Hz
Encoding C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5
.wav
     to C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5
.mp3
Encoding as 44.1 kHz VBR(q=2) j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (ca. 7.3x) qval=3
   Frame          |  CPU time/estim | REAL time/estim | play/CPU |    ETA
 8897/8899  (100%)|    0:37/    0:37|    0:37/    0:37|   6.2003x|    0:00
32 [  40] *
128 [1180] %%***********************
160 [3199] %%%%%*************************************************************
192 [2823] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%*****************************************
224 [ 914] %%%%%%%%%%%********
256 [ 469] %%%%%%%%%*
320 [ 275] %%%%%%
average: 181.9 kbps   LR: 2410 (27.08%)   MS: 6490 (72.92%)

Writing LAME Tag...done
SUCCESS!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

NEW Extension      = ape

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Lege
nd\0tmp7!1!5.ape
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Lege
nd

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\.ape
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend
FINAL NAME Name Only =

EXECUTING: wapet.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Leg
end\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -t "Artist=Bob Marley" -t "Album=Legend" -t "Title=Is This Lo
ve" -t "Track=1" -t "Year=1984" -t "Genre=Reggae" -t mac.exe "C:\Documents and S
ettings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Set
tings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -c4000 ...
wapet: failed to open file...
*ERROR*!

CREATING: C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\Bob
Marley\Legend ... SUCCESS!

RENAMING: C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!
5.ape => C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\Bob M
arley\Legend\.ape *ERROR*!

*** DONE ***

2 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.

INI:

EXT = mp3
PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Portable\@artist@\@cdname@
ENCODER = lame3961.exe
PARAMETERS = --preset standard --noreplaygain --ta "@artist@" --tl "@cdname@" --tt "@songname@" --tn "@track@" --ty @year@ --tg "@genre@" "@source@" "@dest@"

EXT = ape
PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\@artist@\@cdname@
ENCODER = wapet.exe
PARAMETERS = "@dest@" -t "Artist=@artist@" -t "Album=@cdname@" -t "Title=@songname@" -t "Track=@track@" -t "Year=@year@" -t "Genre=@genre@" -t mac.exe "@source@" "@dest@" -c4000

Reply #36
my fault

should be

mareo.ini "%n %t.XYZ" %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" %y "%m"

(XYZ is a fake extencion ... i wold modify MAREO, so if no extension is especified, take the whole string, but for now, that would do)

Reply #38
OK, still doesn't work...

Version 2.0.1 -- Copyright 2003-2004 by Kwanbis --- GPL Licensed.

"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe" mareo.ini "1 Is This Love.XYZ" "C:
\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\D
ocuments and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3" "Bob Ma
rley" "Legend" "Is This Love" "1" 1984 "Reggae"

@finalnameonly@  (%2) = 1 Is This Love.XYZ
      @source@  (%3) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\L
egend\0tmp7!1!5.wav
        @dest@  (%4) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\L
egend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3
      @cdname@  (%6) = Legend
       @track@  (%8) = 1
        @year@  (%9) = 1984
       @genre@ (%10) = Reggae

NEW Extension      = mp3

nd\0tmp7!1!5.mp3
nd

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Le
gend\1 Is This Love.mp3
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Le
gend
FINAL NAME Name Only = 1 Is This Love

EXECUTING: lame3961.exe --preset standard --noreplaygain --ta "Bob Marley" --tl
"Legend" --tt "Is This Love" --tn "1" --ty 1984 --tg "Reggae" "C:\Documents and
Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Se
ttings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3" ...
LAME version 3.96.1 (http://lame.sourceforge.net/)
CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE, SSE2
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 18671 Hz - 19205 Hz
Encoding C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5
.wav
     to C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5
.mp3
Encoding as 44.1 kHz VBR(q=2) j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (ca. 7.3x) qval=3
   Frame          |  CPU time/estim | REAL time/estim | play/CPU |    ETA
 8920/8922  (100%)|    0:27/    0:27|    0:27/    0:27|   8.4973x|    0:00
32 [  63] **
128 [1180] %%***********************
160 [3199] %%%%%*************************************************************
192 [2823] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%*****************************************
224 [ 914] %%%%%%%%%%%********
256 [ 469] %%%%%%%%%*
320 [ 275] %%%%%%
average: 181.5 kbps   LR: 2410 (27.01%)   MS: 6513 (72.99%)

Writing LAME Tag...done
SUCCESS!

NEW Extension      = ape

nd\0tmp7!1!5.ape
nd

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music
\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend

EXECUTING: wapet.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Leg
end\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -t "Artist=Bob Marley" -t "Album=Legend" -t "Title=Is This Lo
ve" -t "Track=1" -t "Year=1984" -t "Genre=Reggae" -t mac.exe "C:\Documents and S
ettings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Set
tings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -c4000 ...
wapet: failed to open file...
*ERROR*!

RENAMING: C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!
5.ape => C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\Bob M
arley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape *ERROR*!

*** DONE ***

BTW... After encoding the LAME file, foobar pops up and plays the WAV.

Reply #39
ok 2.0.2 is out ... is not a bug fix, but "polish-release" ... if you pass no extension in @finalnameonly@, MAREO does fine.

Reply #41
try new version

Reply #42
Nope, doesn't work. I tell EAC to encode the files on the Desktop. MAREO starts and encodes the WAV with LAME. The MP3 is then placed on the Desktop, rather than in "...\My Music\Portable\". Then foobar opens and plays the WAV file. In background, MAREO wasn't able to open a file (while encoding to APE) and then wasn't able to rename the APE file (as none is there). 

BTW... Are the naming schemes in EAC relevant?

It's "%D\%C\%N %T" for normal albums and "%D\%C\%N %A - %T" for V.A..

Reply #43
could you post your log file? ... i think i know ...

Reply #44
Version 2.0.2 -- Copyright 2003-2004 by Kwanbis --- GPL Licensed.

"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe" mareo.ini "1 Is This Love" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3" "Bob Marley" "Legend" "Is This Love" "1" 1984 "Reggae"

@finalnameonly@  (%2) = 1 Is This Love
      @source@  (%3) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav
        @dest@  (%4) = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3
      @cdname@  (%6) = Legend
       @track@  (%8) = 1
        @year@  (%9) = 1984
       @genre@ (%10) = Reggae

NEW Extension      = mp3

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.mp3
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend

EXECUTING: lame3961.exe --preset standard --noreplaygain --ta "Bob Marley" --tl "Legend" --tt "Is This Love" --tn "1" --ty 1984 --tg "Reggae" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.mp3" ... SUCCESS!

NEW Extension      = ape

TMP Dest Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape
TMP Dest Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend

FINAL NAME Full Name = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape
FINAL NAME Path Only = C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend

EXECUTING: wapet.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -t "Artist=Bob Marley" -t "Album=Legend" -t "Title=Is This Love" -t "Track=1" -t "Year=1984" -t "Genre=Reggae" -t mac.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -c4000 ... *ERROR*!

RENAMING: C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape => C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\My Documents\My Music\Archive\Bob Marley\Legend\1 Is This Love.ape *ERROR*!

*** DONE ***

Reply #45
what you mean by foobar? ... also ... does wapet exacutes? you are not telling mareo where wapet is i think

Reply #46
what you mean by foobar? ... also ... does wapet exacutes? you are not telling mareo where wapet is i think
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241295"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wapet is in the same folder as MAREO.
With foobar, I mean Peter's audio player foobar2000 which simply opens playing back the ripped WAV file.

Reply #47
but do you see wapet starting?

Reply #48
Kwanbis,

I'm using MAREO to rip from EAC to create mp3, vorbis, and AAC (through iTunesEncode) files. If I already have some flac files, how can I use MAREO and foobar together to batch encode lossy files from the lossless ones?

Reply #49
but do you see wapet starting?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241297"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, not sure... I suppose not:

EXECUTING: wapet.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -t "Artist=Bob Marley" -t "Album=Legend" -t "Title=Is This Love" -t "Track=1" -t "Year=1984" -t "Genre=Reggae" -t mac.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Sebastian\Desktop\Bob Marley\Legend\0tmp7!1!5.ape" -c4000 ... *ERROR*!