Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: programing with speex (Read 3351 times) previous topic - next topic

programing with speex

i am trying to add to my application the speex,i get stream of audio of wideband(16khz) and each smaple have 16 bit, as i understood from the manual is that speex get one frame at the time to encode , (one frame for wide band is 320 sample, mean 640 bit), after encode i send it on tcp\ip to the other size and then take the stream i got from the encoder and do decode.
i see that the buf i got after decoder has many zero , and not like the stream before.
i use quality=10 and stiil it sound bad!!!
what do i do wrong?

is it rigth that the encoder of wideband get frame at size 640 bit , and put them in float array of 320, and in decoder i get array of float of 320 and put them into 640 bit, each 4 bit insert to 2 bit of short?

i would be greatfull if someone who understand the code behind the speex could help me with this.

Thanks,
Ayelet