Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb problem (Read 2782 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb problem

Connection with current freedb server failed

I've just installed foo_freedb and haven't gotten it to work yet. I get this error message each time. I've tried several freedb sites; probably I'm doing something stupid, but I can't figure out what. Help...

Jim

freedb problem

Reply #1
If none of the other servers is working for you, it might be something regarding the dns server move, they announced on the main site:

Currently, we move our primary DNS server to a new locations. This means that you might experience some errors while trying to resolve freedb.org's hostnames.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
~ Florian

freedb problem

Reply #2
Thanks, Ganymed.

If none of the other servers is working for you, it might be something regarding the dns server move, they announced on the main site:

Just installed EAC. With the same settings, it retrives disc info just fine. Then tried foobar again..again, no dice. Same error message. Seems like if it were a DNS server issue it would affect both programs, right? FWIW, I also tried with and without port info (:80)

Thanks,
Jim

freedb problem

Reply #4

Oops. It was my antivirus program. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the help.

Jim

freedb problem

Reply #5
Never mind - your antivirus program saved you from freedbitis