Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin to Add Pictures to MP3s. (Read 2698 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin to Add Pictures to MP3s.

Is there a plugin so I can add pictures to the mp3s.
Many Thanks

Reply #1
No (but it could be cool if someone implement it, for ex. the id3v2 picture attachment).

Instead you can use foo_looks, there's some looks that show the first picture in the directory the file is playing. So if you put the cover in the album directory it will be displayed. At the moment I don't know any foobar plugin that can display cover from a file tag.

Reply #2
Hmm adding pictures to the tags of mp3 files doesn't sound like a great idea. Sounds a little bloated to me.

A plugin that scans the dir the mp3s are in and displays the pictures within it sounds like a much cleaner option.
"If you cannot read this, please ask the flight attendant for assistance."
- United Airlines Flight Safety Brochure

Reply #3
Plus, it wouldn't be possible with the current ID3v2 implementation, anyway. The database doesn't really support storing binary tag data, and the ID3v2 tag writer only recreates a new tag from what the player core tells it to write. Since it doesn't process the image data, it will be lost when the tag is updated.