Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_tunes: Playlist behaviour (Read 2415 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_tunes: Playlist behaviour

Actually, I am really excited about foobar2000. Great concept, great software, unfortunately, however, still a little buggy. Currently I am struggling with the following behaviour when playing songs with the foo_tunes ui.

I set up three or four playlists using the create new playlist command. When playing songs in one playlist I can't switch to a different playlist and continuing playing songs from that list. I expected that after stopping the current playback and clicking on a song from a different playlist, songs from the new list will be played. Is this a bug or a feature (which means that I simply have the wrong expectation ... :-)?

Second problem: when playing songs from a playlist and set the playback order to random I am not able to set this back to default again. Does anyone know how the different playback options in foo_tunes really should behave?

Thanks a lot for all answers and for all the great developments so far.

Reply #1
foo_tunes is notorious for bugs and creating problems/crashes for people... I would personally recommend not using it(wish someone continued development tho, since it's a kickass UI imo).
When playing songs in one playlist I can't switch to a different playlist and continuing playing songs from that list.

Try going to Playback -> Follow cursor, and turn it off...

Reply #2
You should try foo_scroll. It has useful autofocus features, including focusing the track being played and not to switch the playlist.