Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No subwoofer output with foobar2000 (Read 6757 times) previous topic - next topic

No subwoofer output with foobar2000

i have just installed a subwoofer into my computer. now i have 2 speakers + 1 subwoofer hooked up. when playing mp3s thru WMP i can hear the bass from the sub and also from playing dvds thru powerdvd.

but when i play my mp3s thru foobar the 2 speakers are the only ones being used and not with the sub. how do i fix this?

i setup my sub where it is connected directly into a dedicated line.

is it something to do with ac3 output?

thanks

Reply #1
Try adding the "Convert stereo to 4 channels" DSP - then it should come out of the sub.

Reply #2
Try adding the "Convert stereo to 4 channels" DSP - then it should come out of the sub.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=227973"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i've tried that but there is still no sound coming out. i tried frequency divider but dont know how to configure it

Reply #4
Which one do you use as your output method, DirectSound or waveOut?

Have you tried turning hardware mixing on/off for DirectSound?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=227988"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

THANKS SO MUCH. i changed it to output "DirectSound 2.0" and changed my device to my soundcard and allow Hardware mixing.

now it works 

thanks ppl