Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with the FreeDB plugin? (Read 2458 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with the FreeDB plugin?

Hello, everyone.

First I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to the development of possibly the best software music player in the world.  This is the first problem I've ever had with it, and I don't think it's the program itself at fault... I think Freedb is acting up.

I've used the freedb plugin forever.  I love it.  I just select all the files in a playlist, right click->freedb->Get Tags, or Search if get tags didn't work.

But now I'm trying to tag a Brian Culbertson CD, and it just won't work.  I can search and find the album I'd like, but when I try to tag either nothing happens, it freezes, or it gives up and crashes.  It's not only this artist; I can't tag anything anymore. 

Is the problem on Freedb's side?  I tried reinstalling (well, I just downloaded a new dll) the plugin, and it still didn't work.

Sorry if this question is common knowledge... be nice, I'm new 

Thanks,
alex

Reply #1
Hi Alex,

have you tried another freedb server? Try to choose e.g. at.freedb.org from the list of freedb servers at Preferences, Components, freedb masstagger.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Reply #2
Florian,

Well, don't I feel stupid now .  Working again now.

Thanks for the quick response and solution!

Cheers.
Alex

Reply #3
Don't feel stupid.....it was having problems......when that happens....just use a different server