Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp API Emulator (Read 4474 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp API Emulator

How do I take advantage of this?  What I'm really looking to do is apply a nice look to Foobar.  I was hoping to borrow from Winamp's skins.  I'm VERY new at this.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Matt

Winamp API Emulator

Reply #1
not 100% sure on this, but the winamp api emulator just sends out the same "now playing" thing that winamp sends out and other programs/plugins lookup. ie; irc mp3 script.

has nothing to do with skinning afaik.

Winamp API Emulator

Reply #2
As explain by picmixer in this post, using winamp features through emulator components is not recommended and should be avoided. At any rate, the emulator components only try to run winamp's plugins, not emulate its interface or skins. foobar2000 can be skinned with the foo_looks component.

Alternately, if you're just looking to modify its interface a bit to suit your needs, this can be done through title formatting, or using an alternate interface like foo_ui_columns, which has produced some nice results.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Winamp API Emulator

Reply #4
There is a winamp 2.x skin emulator for the foo_looks component.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=227447"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This page, and many others from this site only give a 404 Error.  Any other suggestions on where to go?

I have looked at a lot of the looks for foobar.  Some are nice.  Winamp is just further along.  Foobar has great Advanced features that make me want to make it my default player but when I'm just toying around and enjoying my music I like:

Wish I could develop.  I've got some great ideas.  But I'm at your mercy so I won't push.

Thanks for the help

Matt

Winamp API Emulator

Reply #5
Build a playlist, hit "play", minimize fb2k to your system tray, forget about the interface and do what the program was made for: enjoy your music     

</not very helpful>
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Winamp API Emulator

Reply #6
I have been looking forever to find a way to get now playing scripts to work with IRC scripts. None support Foobar2000 (which is a shame ) however when using this plugin (I just found out about it) they all now work. I read that post by picmixer but it doesn't really give any details. What are the major draw backs of using this plugin?

Winamp API Emulator

Reply #7
This page, and many others from this site only give a 404 Error.  Any other suggestions on where to go?

If you're just after a working Aero link, there's this one in the Uploads forum that should meet your needs.