Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_jumpto? (Read 1911 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_jumpto?

im looking for a plugin that jumps to different artists depending on what key you hit.
it would start with the first artist that begins with that letter, than jump to the next one, all the way through until it loops back again.

i guess the best way to explain it would be through example.

Code: [Select]
vnv nation: structure
vnv nation: survivor
vnv nation: yam
white zombie: black sunshine
white zombie: super charger heaven
white zombie: thunder kiss '65
wumpscut: all cried out
wumpscut: angel

so there's my playlist.

hitting v on the keyboard would jump to vnv nation - structure.
hitting w would go to white zombie - black sunshine,
and hitting w again would go to wumpscut - all cried out.
hitting w one last time would go back to black sunshine.

hope that makes sense, and hope someone can make it.

foo_jumpto?

Reply #1
im looking for a plugin that jumps to different artists depending on what key you hit.
it would start with the first artist that begins with that letter, than jump to the next one, all the way through until it loops back again.

i guess the best way to explain it would be through example.

Code: [Select]
vnv nation: structure<!--QuoteEBegin-->vnv nation: survivor<!--QuoteEBegin-->vnv nation: yam<!--QuoteEBegin-->white zombie: black sunshine<!--QuoteEBegin-->white zombie: super charger heaven<!--QuoteEBegin-->white zombie: thunder kiss '65<!--QuoteEBegin-->wumpscut: all cried out<!--QuoteEBegin-->wumpscut: angel

so there's my playlist.

hitting v on the keyboard would jump to vnv nation - structure.
hitting w would go to white zombie - black sunshine,
and hitting w again would go to wumpscut - all cried out.
hitting w one last time would go back to black sunshine.

hope that makes sense, and hope someone can make it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=226883"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, foo_playlistfind is something you could like. It's not the same, but it's not far
Just use %artist% as the format and be sure to check "search only from front of entry strings". Then pressing (after opening the tiny box of foo_playlistfind with ctrl+j or whatever) v would throw you to vnv nation's first song, and then pressing enter would go through their songs one by one. A solution to this could be foo_pl_hopper, which adds options to jump to next/previous album/artist/directory in playlist (and of course you can add keyboard shortcuts). The only downside of foo_pl_hopper is that it needs Playback|Follow cursor to be on.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']PS. I really can't understand why the linebreaks in the code part don't show up on my post..[/span]