Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Boostaroo" portable amp (don\'t buy it) (Read 3473 times) previous topic - next topic

"Boostaroo" portable amp (don\'t buy it)

Sheesh, what a piece of chit.  Not only does it introduce a lot of hiss, but the amplification is just weak considering 2 "AA" batteries (maybe a couple dB as far as I can tell), and battery life is about 8-10 hours with alkalines (??).  Also, there's no "bypass" switch if the batteries run out or you want to save power.  And I paid $20 plus shipping for this? 

Into "the" drawer it goes...

"Boostaroo" portable amp (don\'t buy it)

Reply #1
Check out Headroom (http://www.headroom.com/).  Their "Airhead" amp might be more than $20 (it's $119), but Headroom products are top-notch.  I own their "Little" and "Home" headphone amplifiers and highly recommend them.

Supposedly, the Airhead runs for 40 hours on 3 AAA batteries.