Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3 discwriter (Read 2908 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3 discwriter

Hello everybody

Is there anywhere a mp3 diskwriter for foobar2000? An aac diskwriter would also be nice.

mp3 discwriter

Reply #1
There is an AAC encoder (libfaac 1.24) made by Case:
http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000.php

There use to be foo_lame too, but IIRC it is not compatible anymore with newer versions of fb2k.

Anyway, why not use foo_clienc and encode to whatever audio format using a command line?

mp3 discwriter

Reply #2
The fastest is using a commandline mp3 encoder, that is also the easiest (my opinion).

mp3 discwriter

Reply #3
I must add that the only thing I miss mp3 encoding in foobar for is the possibility to directly put any music to my ngage, since it only plays mp3's in good sound guality. I bet there are others who might enjoy taking sid/module/nes etc. music easily with them...

nyarlathotep: hmm, I should give it a try I guess. It shouldn't be too hard to use lame enc through it

mp3 discwriter

Reply #4
foo_clienc has presets for several command line encoders, including LAME.