Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Festalon and Nezplug (Read 3758 times) previous topic - next topic

Festalon and Nezplug

- Festalon is a great nsf plugin except it uses up to 50% of my 2,6GHz p4 prosessing power.
  *the later versions of the plugin uses the most, the older versions of the plugin the least
- Nezplug is a great nsf plugin except it doesn't have the option to play files for xxx minutes.
  *in winamp it had, if I remember correctly

Would it be possible to fix either one - or both - of these problems?

Festalon and Nezplug

Reply #1
- Nezplug is a great nsf plugin except it doesn't have the option to play files for xxx minutes.
*in winamp it had, if I remember correctly

There is a Another NEZ plugin by RuRuRu.

ReplayGain and DiskWritter can be used during a performance.
The M3U/PLS file of a same name is read.
Performance time specification is possible.
Silent detection function.
It corresponds to AY format of a type that two or more music is contained.

Festalon and Nezplug

Reply #2
Thanks witt! This plugin is great!

Festalon and Nezplug

Reply #3
- Festalon is a great nsf plugin except it uses up to 50% of my 2,6GHz p4 prosessing power.
  *the later versions of the plugin uses the most, the older versions of the plugin the least
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is the price you pay for ludicrous accuracy.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225361"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, Nezplug is a crap nsf plug-in. The quality is horrible, and I'm just too lazy to implement a time cut-off. Default alone would result in users asking for a length editor, then some means of creating a playlist or external file header or some other format extension for storing these lengths outside of the database.

There is a [a href="http://www.vesta.dti.ne.jp/~tsato/soft_fb2k_en.html]Another NEZ plugin [/url]by RuRuRu.

ReplayGain and DiskWritter can be used during a performance.
The M3U/PLS file of a same name is read.
Performance time specification is possible.
Silent detection function.
It corresponds to AY format of a type that two or more music is contained.

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nifty. Is the quality any good? Does it support [a href="http://disch.zophar.net/]NSFE[/url]?

I will admit, the silence detection is a nice feature. If I wasn't so damn lazy, I'd one-up it by "borrowing" the loop detection from the song length creation tool that was used to create the C64 song length database, then allow user to configure how many loops they want and how much fade time afterward.... If I wasn't so damn lazy.

Festalon and Nezplug

Reply #4
The quality that this plugin has seems to be about the same than the original nezplug has. I thinkall of the plugins are equally good what comes to listening NES tracks. But, although nezplug isn't so accurate, and this alternative nezplug has filters to attenuate the sound more NES-like, I like the hardness and crispness of the sound both of the nezplug's produce. Festalon is definately more accurate and real, but some of the PCM sounds sound little too hard and "smudged" IMO (for example batman sounds better with nezplug than with festalon for me)
Anyway, it's really great that foobar has so many good NES plugins to choose from!

ps. And I don't know about nezplug's nsfe support

Festalon and Nezplug

Reply #5
ps. And I don't know about nezplug's nsfe support
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225590"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foo_nezplug does not support NSFE, but foo_festalon does.

Festalon and Nezplug

Reply #6
Could you tell me what nsfe actually is? I have all my nes tracks in .nsf format, so why should I use .nsfe?