Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Jump-to-file plugin? (Read 3286 times) previous topic - next topic

Jump-to-file plugin?

I've recently migrated from winamp 5 to foobar, and so far everything is great.  The one thing I miss heaps is a 'jump to file' dialog, like the J key does in winamp.

I searched the forums and found nothing.  Google turned out an old plugin which doesnt seem to work with 0.8.x

Anyone know of something that works like this? Thanks

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Sorry if this has been posted recently[/span]

edit > the database search thing is kind of like what I want, but there seems to be no way to click the file that pops up and just play it!  Also, can I bind a key to this function? Thanks again.

Jump-to-file plugin?

Reply #1
I've recently migrated from winamp 5 to foobar, and so far everything is great.  The one thing I miss heaps is a 'jump to file' dialog, like the J key does in winamp.

Sorry, I don't use Winamp so I don't know what 'Jump to file' is 

I guess (reading your post) that either is:

- Enqueue file: in that case you can use  foo_temple
- Quick search: in that case you can use Playlist Find

Hope it helps 

Jump-to-file plugin?

Reply #2
This?

edit: I'm too slow. 

Jump-to-file plugin?

Reply #4
@nyarlathotep
The link to foo_playlistfind.dll in that post seems to be broken, maybe you could edit it to point to the zipped version that you have hosted on your own site?

Jump-to-file plugin?

Reply #5
Done. Tanks for the report.

Jump-to-file plugin?

Reply #6
I think foobar's built-in search is the closest thing to Winamp's jump to file feature, although foo_dbsearch or foo_playlistfind have more features,.

Jump-to-file plugin?

Reply #8
Doh, AMIP has exactly what I'm looking for and I've already got it installed.

Thanks for the other replies anyway!  I'm not tempted to go back to winamp now