Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Nero Software Versions (Read 8228 times) previous topic - next topic

New Nero Software Versions

ahead released new verions of nero burning rom, nero vision express etc.

get them here: http://www.nero.com/en/nero-prog.php
changelog: http://www.nero.com/en/632011181528025.html

at least the nero burning rom package has no new AAC encoder, it's still the version 2.6.2.2.
i'm not using any of the other nero software packages, so i can't comment on them.

-andy-

Reply #2
When I tried to install this, NOD32 went crazy. It said it found a virus when the package decompressed at installation. Path it claims is virus is \common files\AudioPlugins\msa.dll  . It calls the  virus probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32. It happened with the file from the US ftp site. Is this just a false allarm from Nod32, or a cause for concern?
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Reply #3
I think it was a false positive, as my Norton AntiVirus 2004 (virus list from 30.06.2004) didn't report anything.

NeroVision contains the old 2.6.2.2 AAC encoder, too. IIRC, Garf or Ivan stated that more tuning / checking needs to be done before releasing. Only Roberto received a newer encoder for his listening test.

Reply #4
If I buy Nero over the net will I get the AAC encoder and all the other goodies that come with the box? Or should I get the box and have it sent to me?

Reply #5
When I tried to install this, NOD32 went crazy. It said it found a virus when the package decompressed at installation. Path it claims is virus is \common files\AudioPlugins\msa.dll  . It calls the  virus probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32. It happened with the file from the US ftp site. Is this just a false allarm from Nod32, or a cause for concern?

This link might help: link

Also: NOD32 Nero False pos discussion
igor782

Reply #6
May not be entirely related. But Nero Has included a New Version /Setting for its Video Codec.

Reply #7
Thanks for the links igor.

Reply #8

This also happens with F-Prot 3.14e with the last updates. Weird..
myspace.com/borgei - last.fm/user/borgei

Reply #9

I tried all the suggestions in the links, and it still would not install. I guess I will wait for the next update. maybe that one will have an installer that works
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Reply #10

I tried all the suggestions in the links, and it still would not install. I guess I will wait for the next update. maybe that one will have an installer that works

Anything to help.

Good news!

There has been an update in the NOD32 virus defs to version 1.802, this doesn't detect the "virus"(at least for me). So it should be good now.
igor782

Reply #11
Does any of you have problems with LITE-ON LTR-52246S? Almost everytime I burn a CD with Nero (since the 6.3.1.10 IIRC), the program simply hangs near end. I can close the process, but the SMARTBURN (or whatever it is called) feature of the burner keeps waiting until the buffer is full and I cannot start any application which might access the CD-ROM (Windows Explorer, any common dialog control...).

Reply #12
Note that the new MPEG4 Video encoder that has been significantly enhanced quality & speedwise is included in this update.

Reply #13
Note that the new MPEG4 Video encoder that has been significantly enhanced quality & speedwise is included in this update.

Quality & Speed improved at the same time is always a good thing 

Garf, just out of curiosity, are you or Ivan or any other aac dev also working on the video codec?

Reply #14

note that the speed optimization is not available in this release as the new fast first pass mode (analysis pass) isnt working currently

without it, nero digital in fact is now slower than xvid for a two pass encode with the maximum quality settings possible (set in both codecs of course)!
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #15
Garf, just out of curiosity, are you or Ivan or any other aac dev also working on the video codec?

In my case only as far as testing is concerned.

Reply #16
without it, nero digital in fact is now slower than xvid for a two pass encode with the maximum quality settings possible (set in both codecs of course)!

Only if you enable the new highest quality settings, which IMHO bring a significant improvement compared to the latest version.

Reply #17

Only if you enable the new highest quality settings, which IMHO bring a significant improvement compared to the latest version.

exactly, and the new "extra mode" is definitely a must for every quality nerd
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)