Skip to main content
Topic: HE-AAC questions - probably FAQ's (Read 2600 times) previous topic - next topic

HE-AAC questions - probably FAQ's

Hi,

I have a couple of simple HE-AAC questions. They seem like they should be FAQ's but I can't find the answers on HA or anywhere else, so here goes.

1. Is it possible to stream HE-AAC live, i.e from the line input of a soundcard, not pre-encoded files.

2. What other players except for Foobar support HE-AAC by default? It seems WMP and Winamp don't.

That's all - cheers,
dave

Reply #1
Winamp supports HE-AAC if you use the FAAD plugin.  The default one that comes with Winamp only supports LC

Reply #2
AND there is "CoreAAC" - DirectShow filter, that adds ability to play aac stream in any DS-player, maybe in WMP too? (He based on FAAD code too)
But, in that case its need to use mp4-container-filter, for example form 3ivx pack

Reply #3
This page may be helpful Software Audio Players for Windows - AudioCodingWiki

Tomcat, you beat me with the DShow filter.

Any directshow-capable player should handle the filters.

Media Player Classic for instance uses FAAD 2.
Also I'd assume Nero Media Player and Real Networks (possibly Helix?) decodes HE/AAC also.
Nero Media Player uses DShow filters I believe so using those to decode audio may be possible too. I can't check at the moment though.

Reply #4
1. Is it possible to stream HE-AAC live, i.e from the line input of a soundcard, not pre-encoded files.

I've wondered about this prospect for a while myself.

Reply #5

I've wondered about this prospect for a while myself. 

Technically yes, just no software yet to do so.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020