Skip to main content
Topic: [USELESS] WOW! (Read 3020 times) previous topic - next topic

[USELESS] WOW!

My wife will now have to sleep on the couch, because FB2K is my one and only true love.

Today I played a Vorbis ogg file in fb2k for the first time. I am very impressed by how good the sound quality is. Please keep the GUI minimalist.

I have never liked any digital audio player ( I've tried almost all of them on almost every OS and I've found nothing but dissappointment ). MP3 format doesn't provide enough sound quality to make the effort of transcoding a CD worthwhile. However, Vorbis and fb2k have changed that.

The name could be better but, nothing is perfect.

If you people make a Theora format player (xiph.org) that's as good as this vorbis player, I would be well on my way to paradise.

[USELESS] WOW!

Reply #1
You don't like the name yet you insist on using it in your username? 

Yeh - foobar's great  Well, I think we all like it anyway

Steve

[USELESS] WOW!

Reply #2
the name actually describes fb2k's philosophy quite good: the packaging is unimportant, the "under the hood" is everything (compare this with the recent discussions about fb2k's preferences).

foobar2000 basically just means "something-cool". Its almost a parody on the "packaging" of the player.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

[USELESS] WOW!

Reply #3
THE NAME KICKS ASS!!!! reminds me of    "FUBAR-ED"

[USELESS] WOW!

Reply #4
foobar an me...that's true love...

[USELESS] WOW!

Reply #5
MP3 format doesn't provide enough sound quality to make the effort of transcoding a CD worthwhile.

Is this a claim worth examining?

Otherwise, I agree with the foobar guy about foobar2000.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019