Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DiskWriter aoTuV ? (Read 3027 times) previous topic - next topic

DiskWriter aoTuV ?

[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']This is edit for those who don't need to read whole post. I have one request in last post at the bottom. Thx[/span]

Hello.
I must confess that I'm no regular guest here so I might overlooked this
Is there already DiskWriter plugin for foobar with Vorbis_aoTuV tune ?? I'm trying to use oggenc_aoTuV through CLI encoder, but it always crashes in some part of encoding  I'm using this to recode movie AC3 to 6chOGG, so full track is sometimes more than 2h (sometimes 3h  ).
Any advices are welcome

I only add that crash occurres no mater what encoder i use via CLI foobar diskwriter. And no, I'm not runing out of disk space
Martians on the Moon !!! =)

Poor english team member :P

DiskWriter aoTuV ?

Reply #1
I only add that crash occurres no mater what encoder i use via CLI foobar diskwriter. And no, I'm not runing out of disk space

Well ... does any of the non-cli diskwriter plugins work? It sounds like a hardware issue to me because the cli-encoder works here and I haven't seen any other reports like yours here.

Regards,
The Link

edit: Just tried a 6ch Ac3 48kHz and I could reproduce your crash! Sorry, I can't really help you. Does vorbis support 48kHz encoding? I'm just trying to encode when resampled to 44.1kHz.

edit2: resampling didn't help either. Since I technically don't know anything about vorbis I can't tell you where the problem is. It just seems to me that it is multi channel (>2) related because I have absolutly no problem with 2 ch audio sources.

DiskWriter aoTuV ?

Reply #2
I think aoTuV isn't tuned for multichannel source(>2ch). Keeping original AC3 should be better in that case.
I'm trying to use oggenc_aoTuV through CLI encoder, but it always crashes in some part of encoding

This compile works fine here.

DiskWriter aoTuV ?

Reply #3
I can encode AC3 to OGG with 48kHz through build in diskwriter, or GTK3 plugin, and there is no problem. I can add that I was trying to recode file longer than 2h (almost 3h) and crash occurred somewhere after 1h, but it is no rule. Other file crashes at 30min, and another at 1:10h. There is no rule in percentage either, 30%, 50%, 70%. I think that this is CLI pipe problem, but I'm no master in this.
I've even tested this on differend machine, and with identical file, chrash was on identical part. But buid in diskwriter was working perfect.

Summary:
- with one test file
- two completly differend machines
- differend encoders (aoTuV.exe or GTK3.exe or 1.0.1.exe)
crash occurred in the same part.
But file was encoded with buid in diskwriter without problems.
So I assume that this is CLI related bug.

EDIT: @harashin
same with this build.

EDIT2:The same file encoded as stereo didn't crash encoder  I don't get it

EDIT3: This is my crash log
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 1250 ms
INFO (foo_clienc) : CLI encoder: E:\Tools\Media\ogg\oggenc_aoTuVb2.exe
INFO (foo_clienc) : Destination file: file://K:\file.ogg
INFO (foo_clienc) : Source file: file://C:\file.ac3
INFO (foo_clienc) : 48000Hz 16bps 6ch
ERROR (foo_clienc) : Writing to encoder failed
INFO (foo_clienc) : Encoding took 1688875 milliseconds, speed 2.20x
ERROR (foo_diskwriter) : Error converting file.

DiskWriter aoTuV ?

Reply #4
This is request for all mighty developers/programmers:
Can any of you produce disk writer plugin for Vorbis with aoTuV  Many thx.