Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: alternate playback of low-resolution WAV files? (Read 1518 times) previous topic - next topic

alternate playback of low-resolution WAV files?

My company writes a telephony application which stores voicemail messages in 8/8 PCM format (native telephone samplerate and bit depth.  Most of my listening is to 44.1/16 and higher resolutions on a quality playback chain, so F2k output is set to waveOut on a 24-bit RME card (which won't play <32k samplerates.)

I can playback the 8/8 WAVs by either enabling the resampler in DSP or by changing the F2k output settings (change output format from 24->16 bit, change Output method from waveOut to DirectSound.)

I'm wondering if there is (or could be) some way to handle lower resolution WAV files by either automatically resampling them or by routing them to a different desitantion.

--thanks!