Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: about playback archives foobar (Read 2035 times) previous topic - next topic

about playback archives foobar

hi i want to ask you some questions about the playback of the archives under foobar . I plan to build up a project under Gnu/Linux , cause as you already know there's no foobar for Gnu/Linux , and foobar have excellents ideas to sploit . I would like to know how's working the playback for an archive , zip or rar , but i would use tar.gz format in this case . Does the program load the songs in RAM ? or in a temp directory ? 
if you have some nice clues , give it up dont be shy
i hope for some replies thanks bye 

about playback archives foobar

Reply #1
RAM. You could borrow some source code from the console unrar tool, as well as import zlib for ZIP support. Just because you want to support tar.gz and/or tar.bz2 does not mean that you should avoid supporting other formats. I guess you can worry about that later.