Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DiscWriter feature? (Read 2577 times) previous topic - next topic

DiscWriter feature?

Hey,

First of sorry if this has been asked before I tried doing a little search but came up empty handed!

Can the discwriter be setup to delete the source on completion of a conversion?

If not this would be a useful feature!

--
Neksus

DiscWriter feature?

Reply #1
I think that it has been requested before. I too would like keep my music directories clean.

DiscWriter feature?

Reply #2
Can the discwriter be setup to delete the source on completion of a conversion?

One for lossless formats only methinks; too much chance of data loss otherwise.

I do actually like the idea of in-place lossless conversion; be handy to change compression levels in your format of choice (say, leaving it running over your entire FLAC collection overnight recompressing with -8, or changing to a more sensible OptimFROG setting).

DiscWriter feature?

Reply #3
I don't think foobar diskwriter will do this, but some encoders will. Then you just add that to cli encoders parameters. E.g. mppenc.exe "--deleteinput" and flac.exe "--delete-input-file".
Or maybe you could set up something like M.A.R.E.O. to pass encoder parameters  to encoder and then delete inputfile after convertion from cli encoders command line?
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts