Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Losing settings (Read 2576 times) previous topic - next topic

Losing settings

I have a large external HD which I use to back up my Music Library. On it I also put foobar in case I want to take it to another PC and play music immediately.
What I have noticed is (because I remove firewire lead from PC in case of virus etc) I lose settings and album list but not colour scheme. This only happens if I havent used the drive for a week or so. Any ideas?

Losing settings

Reply #1
Make backup from your foobar2000 config file when the settings are right. then try adding read only flag to the config file what foobar2000 uses. I think that should work.

Losing settings

Reply #2
Hello askoff
I would like some help with this too.

I want to reinstate a previously saved foobar2000.cfg file, which is kept safe.

I think the current file in use is stored in:
C:\Documents and Settings\PowerUser\Application Data\foobar2000

However, when I replace this foobar2000.cfg file with one I saved earlier it doesn't put foobar in the condition I want.

At the moment I have the default layout and config. I want my other config back, the one I've carefully saved. But how do I do it ???

Losing settings

Reply #3
foobar2000 config file should be in the directory where foobar2000 is installed. For me it's "Program Files\Foobar2000"

Losing settings

Reply #4
foobar2000 config file should be in the directory where foobar2000 is installed. For me it's "Program Files\Foobar2000"

Except if user profiles are enabled...