Skip to main content
Topic: New : 1by1 . Ver 1.25 (Read 8068 times) previous topic - next topic

New : 1by1 . Ver 1.25

Reply #25
Originally posted by Jospoortvliet
I also miss a random function. 

Click in the "Shfl/Ext" button (The top of the extension column) and you can randomize that directory.

hmm, if there whould be some settings-button

Right-click in the button bar and select "Settings", or simply hit <ctrl-s>

In other words: RTFM!
(Readme_1_26.htm)

Reply #26
It doesn't read subdirectories???
If you can't see files, please keep in mind that the program shows
all folders but only supported file types. So if no plugins are
recognized it will only find .mp3 and .mp2.

It is not true that there is no help about the settings.
Didn't you get the original archive? It contains three files.
And one of'em is a file called "Readme_1_26.htm".
This file describes the settings and how to reach them.

Once again about random/shuffle: It is there. And it's not
too hard to find. Please, look at the documentation.

Martin

Originally posted by Jospoortvliet
wasnt this prog meant to make playlists obsolete?? It doesnt read subdirectory's, I can't see all the files. and there's no help wherever about the settings, if there are any. So??

Sorry, the prog is fast - small - but still useless for me because of what i stated above. I also miss a random function. and indeed, minimize to tray is priceless.

hmm, if there whould be some settings-button, etc etc - it whould be great. and as far as  I can see, there is someone very dedicated to make this program better and better  so I think I'll be downloading a new version within a few days... dont u think?

*edit* just made the words flow more smoothly

Reply #27
Even with mpc-plugin installed (wait im gonna test it once again ...) *nope* it doesnt. If i am in my mp3 directory, which has subdirectory's for the bands-album-mpc's, it only shows an empty directory, but the subdirectory's surely have alot files in them. So - it does not show the files in the directory's subdirectory's, and that's what i meant. (maybe i wasnt clear)

and I've been stupid with the doc's, when I open mozilla, i sometimes cant see my scrollbar - and that's what happened....
[span style=\'font-family:Arial\'][span style=\'color:red\']Life Sucks Deeply[/span][/span]

Reply #28
Actually I'm using the prog right now, because its FAST!!! good job. But the randomfunction sucks, I cant see and random play all files in all subdirectory's - if I put the focus on my mp3 directory (with a lot subs, of course) then I only see the files in that directory (and there are none ). I want to play random from my whole collection - so I must make an m3u first and randomize then??? But the prog said no playlists needed...  And i must use winamp to make the playlists (ok, other progs can do that, too) so it promotes the use of another  prog doing the same - not that clever

anyway, it works quite well now. so tanx...

(oh the musepack plugin works now, tnx to the docs
[span style=\'font-family:Arial\'][span style=\'color:red\']Life Sucks Deeply[/span][/span]

Reply #29
And this might be a bug: I just tried what I said - making an m3u playlist and then using shuffle. Well, it worked fine, but then I thought - I miss some files. My God - of course, I just had a few files there, in fact - my whole MUSEPACK collection was missing. Yes yes, the m3u playlist function doesnt understand other formats than mp3, isnt it?? At least at my computer... using winamp again

Reply #30
yeah, playlists only support mp3 in 1by1

Reply #31
I quite like this (and MP3DirectCut) program. Just a couple of wishes that might already have been mentioned and I could almost ditch Winamp.

1) Support of the MAD MP3 decoder or the MAD Winamp plugin would be appreciated

2) Option to have all recognized and scanned (including subdirectories) files shown in one big list in the right window? (I believe this is also what Jospoortvliet is asking for)

3) Playlist creation? Being able to add, remove and drag files in the right window and then saving files as a playlist. Or does this go against the basic idea of 1By1?

Reply #32
Originally posted by YinYang

1) Support of the MAD MP3 decoder or the MAD Winamp plugin would be appreciated

The Winamp "in_mad.dll" plugin works in 1by1 v1.26
--
Hubbabub
Hubba hubba zoot zoot...

Reply #33
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
yeah, playlists only support mp3 in 1by1

Oops. Seems I forgot to add support of plugin known types to playlists
and Cue sheets. But should be no problem for 1.27.

Shuffling the whole drive indeed is not (and will not be) possible.
But as YinYang suggested I plan to make a function for adding files from the list view to a playlist. It will be simple: Select a directory, remove files you don't want from the list, append it to a playlist. The files will be appended in the current list order.

Martin

Reply #34
when do you think we can expect the new release ?

Reply #35
1) Hubbabub

You're right. It didn't work for me because I foolishly had in_midi.dll installed.

2) Benjamin

Haste makes waste. Can't hurry a good thing

To whom might be able to answer:
If I want to associate 1by1 with my audio files, what command should I use for not having Windows opening a new/extra instance of the program and instead making the already playing instance switch to the selected song?

Reply #36
I can't get the MAD plugin working at 32-bit over here (v1.26)...

Reply #37
1by1 1.26 bug report:

-With MAD plugin I can only get it to play one single song. It doesn't jump to the next one.
-MAD high resolution output doesn't work
-There still are some rare and random crashes

Reply #38
And, how to stop the random function??? I want to see my files alphabetically ordered, but I can't find out how to do that... And, I'd like to change the 'playlist' myself.

And... (yes more  ) I still want to see all files 'buried deep' in the directory-tree's in the parent directory's.

Another thing:
I always wanted the following feature:
random playing of whole albums!!! so: it randomly choses an album, and then plays all the songs of that album in the right follow-up.
You can't do that with winamp, but if 1by1 whould be able to choose directory's randomly (all my music is organized in directory's) then it whould work, dont u think??

/J

Reply #39
ok, some suggestions / feature requests 
- "always on top" in context menu
- windowshade mode
- minimize to tray
- access to documentation in context menu
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #40
Hi,

version 1.27 is available now.

It contains a lot of improvements and corrections.
Playlists and cue sheets will find plugin file types,
playlist export, nice config dialog and much more...
Details at http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#1by1

The MAD plugin issue is not gone ;(
This plugin behaves even more strange than others.
I found that about 20% of the tracks will hang at
the end. Also the improved resume may sound ugly.
24 and 32 bit output is indeed not implemented.
I don't have such a device and cannot test it.

Martin

Reply #41
looks cool, but I'd like to see Direct Sound Output, as i use win2k!

edit:
when pressing next, some cryptic signs show up in the "playlist"

edit2:
Adding tags to ogg vorbis files crashes the player

Reply #42
Still 1.26:

The random crashes I have reported do not seem to occur with ACM codec, or are very rare with ACM codec - only appear with MPGLIB.

I will now start testing 1.27 and report back later.

Reply #43
The 1.27 has still crashed with the mpglib, but again seems to behave well with ACM codec.

Perhaps the topic of this thread should be updated too ("1.25").

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020