Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Remove duplicates & dead entries automatically (Read 2241 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove duplicates & dead entries automatically

I have tried searching the forum and Google for an answer, but turned up nothing.

I would like to know if there is an easier way to add files/location/etc and then remove the duplicates and dead entries. I find myself having to go through this sequence whenever I add or delete a file and would really like to reduce the mouse clicks.

One solution could be to add check boxes to the various files/location/etc dialogs to indicate whether to remove the duplicates and dead entries after. These settings should also be saved so the user doesn't have to check them everytime.

Any comments/suggestion welcome.
"There is no point in saving WAV... unless you have a huge HD in a very slow computer" - Jan S. (WAV or FLAC, Space No Problem)

Reply #2
kjoonlee, thanks for your suggestion, however, as stated in the original post, I am looking for a single keystroke or mouse click solution.
"There is no point in saving WAV... unless you have a huge HD in a very slow computer" - Jan S. (WAV or FLAC, Space No Problem)

Reply #3
I think your idea is quite good, but this isn't a big problem to me in the first place.

When I see or suspect dead entries/duplicates I press d to remove dead entries, followed by CTRL+d to remove duplicates, and that's not too much work really.