Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp pretender to fool lcd program? (Read 6293 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp pretender to fool lcd program?

Edited: 

My 2x16 character lcd uses software called Smartie 5.2 that lets you choose the file that is supposed to be winamp.exe and uses that somehow to see if winamp is active.

i need a way to have that point to something that is active when i'm actually playing songs, but when foobar closes the songs it closes.

for example, i pointed it to foobar.exe, and whenever foobar is running it thinks "winamp is active", but it doesn't care if music is actually playing right now, I have to exit foobar to get "winamp is inactive" status. I was wondering if there was some foobar 2000 specific file that I could point it to, or if there was an easy plugin that can start a useless process/.exe whenever a song is playing and quit it when a song is not playing. THis should be doable. Can any experts help me?

Reply #3
yeah, i had already found that from searching. the problem is that the only lcd program i found that works with my samsung lcd is Smartie 5.2(which hasn't been updated in over a year). jaLCDs and LCDinfo both produce garbled characters. Smartie 5.2 lets you choose the file that is supposed to be winamp.exe and uses that somehow to see if winamp is active.

i need a way to have that point to something that is active(open or running? i'm guessing) when i'm actually playing songs, but when foobar closes the songs it closes.

i pointed it to foobar.exe, and whenever foobar is open it thinks "winamp is active", but it doesn't care if music is actually playing right now, I have to close foobar to get "winamp is inactive". I was wondering if there was some foobar 2000 specific file that I could point it to.

i'm not sure how it is seeing whether or not the file i point it to is active, any ideas on how it does this and how I can fool it? Maybe i need a simple foobar plugin for this.

Reply #4
anybody?  grrr, this is why i reposted a new thread on it(it got locked)

Reply #5
here is the behavior:

i choose a .dll to be "winamp.exe", such as foo_shuffle(also note that I don't use shuffle mode at all), if foobar is closed, it says winamp is inactive, if i start foobar but don't play a song it says that winamp is still inactive.  if i start a song it says that winamp is active, but when i stop the song it still thinks winamp is active.

when i stop songs i want it to think that winamp is inactive so that the lcd program  can switch back to my other cycle of screens(weather, cpu temp, ram, etc).

how can i do this?  is there a file i should choose or is there a plugin i can get?

Reply #6

Reply #7
i unzipped it into the components directory.  closed foobar, pointed LCD Smartie  5.2's "winamp location" to loader.dll, and restarted foobar2k.  it said inactive until i played a song, but then it said active.  it stayed as active until i closed foobar.  this is the same behavior as foo_shuffle.dll.  you can download LCD Smartie 5.2 and test it if you want(there is no install process, and i believe it will work without an lcd).  any ideas on what to do or what is going on?

Reply #8
Then your software is not detecting when the module is unloaded, because my component unloads it exactly as it was designed. Also, it would be impossible for it to detect that foo_shuffle is not loaded until a song plays, because it is loaded the moment the program starts up.

This component is not what you want. foo_winamp_spam is doing something contrary to what Smartie expects.

Reply #9
choosing anything as the "winamp.exe location" inside Smartie has no effect.  it all depends on the presence of and actions of foo_winamp_spam, whose presence always seems to cause the behavior listed above.

how can i get a winamp spammer that works?

what exactly are the details of what is going on here?

i need a foo_winamp_spam.dll that deactivates when the stop button is pressed.  this should be easy, no?

Reply #10
The problem here is that r1ch probably needs to work out the problem.

Reply #11
its something wrong with how his plugin shows activeness, but this is the only feature of his plugin that i  care about.  are there any other plugins that fake winamp API?

Reply #12
There is also the AMIP wrapper, but that only mimics enough for AMIP itself to function.

Reply #13
eh, i used a dirt hack to solve my problem:  write a 1 to file with textwriter if i'm playing, or a zero otherwise, then check the file with smartie.  this requires that i stop/pause the file with foobar before i close it(otherwise the text file will always indicate that i'm playing the song), but it'll do for now

Reply #14
Just put a 0 to the "On quit" formatting of the text writer.