Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: list of DXI compatible software synthesizers (Read 4307 times) previous topic - next topic

list of DXI compatible software synthesizers

please post your experiences with dxi software synthesizers here.
i'd like to find out which is the best one (or most used)

Reply #1
For my part, I'd be happy if I found ANY software that could make this plugin work

Reply #3
* During the trial period, a beep (several seconds long) is mixed in with the sound every 30 seconds. About 10 minutes after activation of the plug-in, its output is silenced.

Does it not apply in Foobar then?

Reply #4
* During the trial period, a beep (several seconds long) is mixed in with the sound every 30 seconds. About 10 minutes after activation of the plug-in, its output is silenced.

Does it not apply in Foobar then?

It DOES.
Anyway HC has superior quality (But it needs fast cpu - half of my A2400+ cpu power using 1.5 and even all using earlier versions). Others are Virtual Sound Canvas and Super Quartet (works fine but not GM). Anybody knows freeware one?

Reply #5
Bad things about the soft :
  • Needs a very fast CPU
  • Makes a "beeep" every 30 seconds 
  • Will only play for 10 minutes and then mute
(I hope the last two disappear hen u buy it  )

Good things :
  • its the first one I can see which makes the foo_midi plugin work 
  • Very good sound quality

Reply #6
i tried various dxi plugins now.

EDIROL HyperCanvas
Cakewalk SONAR3
Native Instruments Reaktor4
Native Instruments Kontakt
EDIROL SuperQuartet
Cakewalk Project5

i have to say that hyper canvas is the best one so far. it's the most complete, best sounding and it's very easy to make it work. the others either do not work (or crash foobar like NI Kontakt) or produce strange sound.

if there is anything better than hyper canvas, please let me know.

question to kode: would be be possible that the midi plugin supports VSTinstruments sometime ? i think the synths from steinberg are still superior to the DXI one's yet avaliable.

thanks.