Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced Limiter or Dynamics Compressor? (Read 2271 times) previous topic - next topic

Advanced Limiter or Dynamics Compressor?

(Forgive me if I overlooked a previous post about this.)

I'm making a compilation CD for a friend using Foobar with ReplayGain.  To make the CD feel right at home with the rest of my friend's collection, I'm raising the gain before output to achieve about 96 dB.  Most songs seem to be safe from clipping at this level, judging by the ReplayGain info.  However, just to be safe, I want to use a safety plugin.  Should I use the Advanced Limiter or the Dynamics Compressor?  I assume there is no need to use both.  Maybe (and hopefully) its a simple answer.  If there are some pros and cons to both, let me know.

I would appreciate any input or advice.  If I should be using any different or additional plugins, please tell me as well.  At present time I'm keeping it simple with merely the following:

Volume Control (maybe unnecessary)
Gap Killer (also maybe unnecessary when burning the CD)
Advanced Limiter OR Dynamics Compressor

THANKS!
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Advanced Limiter or Dynamics Compressor?

Reply #1
i've since realized there is a difference between the two in regards to usage.

thanks to anyone who read the topic.
"The way we see our world is better than yours."