Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing foobar items from contexxt menu (Windows) (Read 2291 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing foobar items from contexxt menu (Windows)

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to remove from the context menu, 'Enqueue in Foobar' and 'Play in Foobar' when i right click on a folder.  I'm not talking about the context menu when i right click on the foobar display but talking about the menu in windows.

Thanks

Reply #1
I assume unassotiating those files from Foobar2000 should do the job. In case that is not what you want to do you will have to do some registry editing.

In the registry under : my computer/H_KEY_CLASSES_ROOT you will find all the filetypes associated with foobar.

Each one will contain sub menus for, default icon, encue, open and play.

You will need to remove the entries that you don't want.

Please don't do this in case you don't have any experiences with editing the registry, since it is quite easy to do some damage there.

Reply #2
cool thanks for the info.. btw will there be a feature to disable this (instead of editing the registry) in the future for foobar2000?

Reply #3
Personally, I'd just like a dialog in the options panel to allow the customization of these context menu items easily. I like having them there, but I only want the 'Play in foobar2000' and 'Enqueue in foobar2000' items, and I also rename them to 'Play' and 'Enqueue', so my context menu is 250px wide. Any chance of that being implimented? Editing the registry for all the file types that foobar can open is very tedious and annoying.
We're all just noise on the wires..

Reply #4
Just reinstall Foobar and uncheck these options at the bottom of the preferences step