Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Diskwriter Filename Output (Read 1755 times) previous topic - next topic

Diskwriter Filename Output

Ok since we already had the titleformatting scripts list I decided it might be fun to start this topic as well.. Because, I'm not entirely happy with the output foobar generates when you use the diskwriter feature.

I mean "001 03 - Perspects - Desire And Efficency.wav" does not look nice i think..

Isn't there anyway it could look something like this:

03.-.Perspects.-.Desire.And.Efficency.[The.Forgotten.Sounds.Of.Tomorrow][2003].wav

Ok i understand the filename is probably too long in this case, bad example hehe..
But you get my idea, right?

When I tried using title formatting strings in the diskwriter settings i only got syntax errors.. Either the language/syntax is different here compared to the title formatting, but i couldn't find any reference on this.. is there any kind of help file available for that?

And does the diskwriter support reading from id3/ape tags?
[..:: West Coast Electro Sound of Holland ::..]

Diskwriter Filename Output

Reply #1
Try:
Code: [Select]
$replace($num(%tracknumber%,2) - %artist% - %title% '['%album%']['%date%']',' ',.)

Helpfile: in Display / Title Formatting / Help.

For sure, the diskwriter does support reading from id3/ape tags.