Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Only 1 thing! (Read 5527 times) previous topic - next topic

Only 1 thing!

please, in less than three lines,  or with  image.

my choice
Music is my first love.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #1
my choice

there we go.. foobar fanfic 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #2
cover is not fun because it is part of  musical work
colored visualisation, skins is fun, slider volume in gui is  useless
Music is my first love.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #3
nothing missing in my opinion, or at least that I can think of. Most of the <strictly my opinion> worthless GUI things like the seekbar, buttons and that flashing box </strictly my opinion> are the first thing to be turned off for me.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #4
replacing the current default GUI with a simplyfied version of foo_ui_columns - with color-codes working in global-strings(color-codes currently dont work in ui_columns global-strings).
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #5
Ability to store individual equalizer settings for each song (changes automatically during playback and goes to default when there is no equalizer setting for a song).
Tom.
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #6
a descent albumlist (which reaches the effectiveness of winamp albumlist) or media library (i think mexp is very good).

regards; ilikedirt

Only 1 thing!

Reply #7
while listening and recording a webstream with foobar (already possible)  i would like foobar to generate a different recorded file at every tag change  : so that in the end instead of having a continious file with different songs and no information on them you get for every recorded title a different recorded file with tags !

regards
cire

Only 1 thing!

Reply #8
Ability to store individual equalizer settings for each song (changes automatically during playback and goes to default when there is no equalizer setting for a song).

Yes... but I want to be able to store a "DSP preset" (to change the list of active DSP's)... AND... be able to change individual settings for each... Equalizer settings, Convolver impulse file, etc...  I know, I know... it's a lot to ask for.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Only 1 thing!

Reply #9
diskcopy: diskwriter like componet that can copy from mp3 to mp3 (or xx to xx)

Only 1 thing!

Reply #10
I hate all these artwork things...  What wrong with picking the CD up?  More often than not the actual producer has had 0 to do with the art work anyway.  The only thing missing from tha' 'bar is some nice vis.

Tony

Only 1 thing!

Reply #11

Only 1 thing!

Reply #12
The ability to input (through command line) the EXACT dB value you want for playback. I realize that you can enter specific values, but it does not accept all values in the range of -100 to 0. With this ability we can interface with the volume and make our own sliders.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #13
a decent album list...
or atleast a working one
something similar to winamp's medial library... the only good thing in winamp

Only 1 thing!

Reply #14
or atleast a working one

Hmh, just curiousity. What exactly is it that is not working with the current one?

Only 1 thing!

Reply #15
or atleast a working one

Hmh, just curiousity. What exactly is it that is not working with the current one?

well...
for example, it doesn't remove dead files from directories, and doesn't add new files automatically...
I have a folder in which I put stuff that has to be tagged, and since I use foobar for tagging, foobar remembers the location of those files
after I have proccesed the files, I move them to another folder, and add them to a playlist
I would expect that foobar moves the files in the album list accordingly, but the folder stays in the temp folder I used for tagging
I tried the "refresh" button, but it has no effect

Only 1 thing!

Reply #16
Red_erik:  in albumlist, right click on "all music" and choose "remove dead entry"
to move files use masstagger/rename files ans use option "create subdirectory..."
from preferences/databas you can scan for files too
Music is my first love.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #17
My wish list :

1/ a standard GUI made of one window with panes incorporating :
foo_columns_ui, stereo_vis, a vu-meter, album_vis and an integrated search capability (in playlist or library)

2/ the ability to control foobar from a wi-fi enabled PDA where the playlists and the library would reside on the PDA with a convenient browsing tool + search capability and controling the playback on my PC

Only 1 thing!

Reply #18
My one wish:

CD INDEX support

Maybe matroska can take care of this.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #19
Red_erik:  in albumlist, right click on "all music" and choose "remove dead entry"

nope... doesn't work
the albums that were in the "temp" folder are still there

to move files use masstagger/rename files ans use option "create subdirectory..."

why use that? it's easier to just move them using the mouse
also, I hink it is a lot "cleaner" using the mouse... just simple drag-and-drop

from preferences/databas you can scan for files too

I know, but it would be better if foobar had an auto-scan function

Only 1 thing!

Reply #20

why use that? it's easier to just move them using the mouse
also, I hink it is a lot "cleaner" using the mouse... just simple drag-and-drop

Because this way foobar keeps track of where the files are, and updates any references to those files (in the albumlist for example) automatically.

Only 1 thing!

Reply #21
My wish list :

1/ a standard GUI made of one window with panes incorporating :
foo_columns_ui, stereo_vis, a vu-meter, album_vis and an integrated search capability (in playlist or library)

2/ the ability to control foobar from a wi-fi enabled PDA where the playlists and the library would reside on the PDA with a convenient browsing tool + search capability and controling the playback on my PC

What's this album_vis? Does it already exist?