Skip to main content
Topic: [ZEALOTRY] zealot arguing split (Read 2889 times) previous topic - next topic

[ZEALOTRY] zealot arguing split

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']split from abx plugin for winamp? thread
------------------------------[/span]

No interest in Foobar?!    Man, you are truly missing out on an excellent audio player!  Hell is it even fair to call it just an audio player anymore?  It does everything, LOL.  I ditched Winamp a while ago for Foobar and haven't looked back.  I would say the only thing Winamp has going for it over Foobar is the skins and media library (although Foobar already has a decent Album List feature).

I am unaware of any ABX plugins for Winamp but there are many standalone apps you can use to ABX if you don't want to use Foobar's ABX tool.  WinABX is one and Java ABC/HR is another good one.

Note that to run Java ABC/HR you need to download and install the Java Runtime Environment here.

Reply #1
No interest in Foobar?!     Man, you are truly missing out on an excellent audio player!  Hell is it even fair to call it just an audio player anymore?  It does everything, LOL.  I ditched Winamp a while ago for Foobar and haven't looked back.

I thought the trend of "Trying to force-feed foobar on people specifically asking for Winamp information" was disappearing from HA. Alas, to bad it's not.

Reply #2
Thanks rjamorim for pointing out. I think we are the only ones here annoyed by this fact.

Reply #3
No interest in Foobar?!     Man, you are truly missing out on an excellent audio player!

(1)  The original poster made it clear he had no interest in fb2k.

(2)  The topic isn't a discussion of audio players, but rather it's about integrated or plugin ABX test tools.

I agree with rjamorim and amano on this matter. 

I haven't heard of an ABX tool for Winamp, but I wonder if anyone's tried to create such a plugin.  The one with foobar is, as far as I know, integrated into the application engine, so there wouldn't be a plugin that could be converted to WA.

It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for a programmer to create such a thing, though.  Send two tracks to their appropriate decoders, incorporate adjustable offsets for the output, and then have a simple ABX front-end.  Two tracks going to the same decoder can be handled by allowing two seperate decoder sessions simultaneously.

With the general popularity of Winamp, seems like it would be a worthwhile venture (considering enough WA users also wanted an incorporated ABX tool).  Benefits would include the ability to ABX various processing applied to music at the time of playback, and testing multiple output devices as well (if different output plugins could also be selected for each track).

Reply #4
Thanks rjamorim for pointing out. I think we are the only ones here annoyed by this fact.

Me too

Reply #5
No interest in Foobar?!     Man, you are truly missing out on an excellent audio player!  Hell is it even fair to call it just an audio player anymore?  It does everything, LOL.  I ditched Winamp a while ago for Foobar and haven't looked back.

I thought the trend of "Trying to force-feed foobar on people specifically asking for Winamp information" was disappearing from HA. Alas, to bad it's not.

Maybe foobar zealots are a problem here, but not as much as Winamp zealots pumping useless offtopic posts (amano, QuantumKnot) and making uninformed claims (ScorLibran).
If you have a problem with someone's offtopic posts, please use "report post to a moderator" feature instead of adding more offtopic posts yourself.

Reply #6
i have no interest in foobar.

There's no accounting for taste I suppose... but no interest at all?  That's not fitting in my little brain.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019