Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 342440 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #275
kode54's version supports an external database, but obviously not the latest changes I have made.  I may consider adding support for an external database if it is not to hard (I will look at kode54's code).

Play Counter

Reply #276
I've written a masstagger script to convert PLAY_COUNTER/FIRST_PLAYED/LAST_PLAYED to there equivalents without underscores.  Get it here.

Play Counter

Reply #277
I wish you would not have added in the "DB Only Mask" option set to mp3 only.  This wrote all of my play counter information to my FLAC files.

I didn't want to write anything to my files.  Had I known I would have removed my database first.

You might want to change this....or put up a warning, because I know there are others would probably do not want to write this data to their files.

Edit:  I just noticed that it is the same default as in v1.5.  Is it possible to add in the option to set all files as a default, and then you can change after install?

Play Counter

Reply #278
It shouldn't be, I must've changed something accidentally.  I will investigate.  By default its set *.wav only, and nothing to do with mp3.

Edit: Just saw your edit. It's possible, but the idea is that most people prefer it written to the file.  If there is a general consensus by a large majority that it should be set to all formats by default, I'm open to it.

Play Counter

Reply #279
You replied just as I made an edit to my post.

It appears that the DB Only Mask is a default to .mp3 in v1.5 as well.  Perhaps a new feature would be to have the option to disable file writing to all file types (as a default).  Once installed, you can then select whether you want to write to your files.

Play Counter

Reply #280
It does not default to *.mp3.  It defaults to *.wav. 

*.mp3 is a setting that is carrying over from your previous foo_playcount settings.

Like i said in my edit above, it's possible, but the idea is that most people prefer it written to the file. If there is a general consensus by a large majority that it should be set to all formats by default, I'm open to it.

Play Counter

Reply #281
I would think that a default to not write to the file would probably be best.  This would accommodate those that do not want to change their files, and can easily be turned on after install.  Having the write option turned off will not remove any play count information held in the file already, so it won't affect those that like to write to their files.

Just a thought.

Edit:  I also had re-installed my copy of v1.5, it wasn't the one I had been using.  The default for that .dll was .mp3.  I know that it was the original because the day and month orders were not the same as the ones I had been using.  Oh well....no big deal.

Play Counter

Reply #282
Also note that it only defers the writing of tag information to the file, it does not prevent it.  I cannot stop foobar from writting any information to the file at some point.  If the tags are ever updated (i.e. spelling correction), the foo_playcount information will also be written to the file.

Edit: I have the source code for 1.5 and the default is definately *.wav.

If you change pack to 1.5 after using my version, your timestamp settings will be reset to the 1.5 default settings (i.e. PLAY_DATE and PLAY_TIME.)

Play Counter

Reply #283
I didn't realize that.  Guess I could always activate the "Block tag update operations" in the Database section.  That way the files won't be changed.

Play Counter

Reply #284
kl33per, I just noticed that the version of foo_playcount I have is 1.6.1, but I downloaded it from your link to 1.6.2.  It also still has PLAY_COUNTER instead of PLAY COUNTER.

Thanks!

Play Counter

Reply #286
Got it, thanks.  I checked it and the version number is 1.6.2, but under the Tag Writing section, it still has PLAY_COUNTER.  I haven't tried out my new script yet, so I don't know if it is just the window text, or if the parameter is still unchanged.  Thought you might like to know.

Play Counter

Reply #287
That's just window text, when it writes it, it writes PLAY COUNTER.  I will do another silent update.  You don't have to download unless the text on the preferences page is giving you nightmares

Edit: Update done.

Play Counter

Reply #288
That's cool.  Thanks for the update.  It looks good!

Play Counter

Reply #289
I'm glad someone appreciates it all.

Play Counter

Reply #290
kl33per, I think you do a great job here! Can't understand, why some people are not grateful for your time you spend in the further development of this plugin!

Play Counter

Reply #291
I'm sure they're all greatuful on the inside, thanks Chaser.

Play Counter

Reply #292
why have the tags changed again? can i get my underscores back?

Play Counter

Reply #293
Short answer, nope.

Long anwser.

Basically a few of us have decided that all tags should not have underscores (eg. ALBUM ARTIST, the most common two word tag does not have an underscore).  It is quite easy to update your config.

LAST_PLAYED = LAST PLAYED
FIRST_PLAYED = FIRST PLAYED
PLAY_COUNTER = PLAY COUNTER

Play Counter

Reply #294
i really like the new version, but i think im going back to the old version. too much confusion with all the tags. these are only tags ive seen with spaces in them with the exception with %album artist% it just creates gapps in the strings which makes me always look twice at the tags cause it looks akward.

Play Counter

Reply #295
That's your prerogative.  However, all public columns_ui configs will use spaces eventually, so by using the old version you are locking yourself out.

Play Counter

Reply #296
bahh u win %play counter% it is.. time to bust out the masstagger again 

Play Counter

Reply #298
someone has got to make their mind up on underscores or not. this is getting rediculous.

Play Counter

Reply #299
Yes, very confusing, I'll stick with the underscores version.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10