Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 341825 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #150
Just to be sure: this plugin extends ID3 tags with three new fields?
If so, is it possible to easily remove these tags again after you've used them?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255338"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

easiest way toremove these fields is:
1. put all your music into one playlist
2. check foobar setup to find out what the fields are called in Play Count.
3. highlight the entire playlist and use Show file info (multiple items).
4. select the fields that Play Count plugin has created, and remove them. Hit update.
(might take a while, if you have a lot of music)

Play Counter

Reply #151
Just to be sure: this plugin extends ID3 tags with three new fields?
If so, is it possible to easily remove these tags again after you've used them?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255338"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

easiest way toremove these fields is:
1. put all your music into one playlist
2. check foobar setup to find out what the fields are called in Play Count.
3. highlight the entire playlist and use Show file info (multiple items).
4. select the fields that Play Count plugin has created, and remove them. Hit update.
(might take a while, if you have a lot of music)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256327"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd say it'd probably be easier to create a playlist that only consists of files with only the counter metadata tags, instead of adding all of the files to the playlist.

Go into the Extended Playlist Generator
Enter the query NOT %play_counter% MISSING
Click RUN
Click Create Playlist
Then continue with step 3 above.

Play Counter

Reply #152
Uh, I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else, it could be just me, but if foobar isn't the window in focus, the playcount doesn't update itself.  It isn't a major issue, just a minor inconvenience.  Thanks.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=220927"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, i'm also getting this. I don't know why and i JUST NOW noticed the problem, so i haven't really tried testing it, but i'm getting something like that, it seems. I do know that whenever i'm actually paying attention to foobar (when the window is in focus), it does update, but the console just kind of stops showing updates after a while if it's in the tray. Don't know if that's a coincidence or not.
~

Play Counter

Reply #153
Would someone here be kind enough to give me some code to make play_date not display "?" for tracks that have not been played (see below)? And also to add a "-" between the D,M, Y as in  30-12-04 instead of 301204 ?

The current code for this column is the simple "%play_date%"

Thanks.

Play Counter

Reply #154
Make the code this: [%play_date%]

Play Counter

Reply #155
Would someone here be kind enough to give me some code to make play_date not display "?" for tracks that have not been played (see below)? And also to add a "-" between the D,M, Y as in  30-12-04 instead of 301204 ?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262155"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Code: [Select]
[$left(%play_date%,2)-$substr(%play_date%,3,4)-$right(%play_date%,2)]

Play Counter

Reply #156
Wow! Thanks so much for this both of you. My setup is perfect now.

Thanks heaps.

Play Counter

Reply #157
Once we're capable of storing playcount metadata in the db only, might it be a good idea to keep track of EVERY time a song is played?  This would come in handy if, say, I wanted to generate a playlist of the 25 songs I listened to most in July of 2004 (i.e., the ones with the most occurences of xx0704 in their extended play_date field).

If there's some other way to do this that already exists, please let me know...thanks!

Play Counter

Reply #158
Once we're capable of storing playcount metadata in the db only, might it be a good idea to keep track of EVERY time a song is played?  This would come in handy if, say, I wanted to generate a playlist of the 25 songs I listened to most in July of 2004 (i.e., the ones with the most occurences of xx0704 in their extended play_date field).

If there's some other way to do this that already exists, please let me know...thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262751"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure I follow completely.  The plugin already can keep track of every song.  As far as generating a playlist... there is the Extended Playlist generator that can create this sort of thing for you.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Play Counter

Reply #159
I'm not sure I follow completely.  The plugin already can keep track of every song.  As far as generating a playlist... there is the Extended Playlist generator that can create this sort of thing for you.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262788"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think topdownjimmy meant saving an individual play_stamp/etc. for every single time a track was played. If this were the case, then you wouldn't really even need a play_count(er), as it would just be the total amount of timestamps.
f to c to f to c

Play Counter

Reply #160
I second the play_stamp method. More logical. I also would like to see the play_stamps stored in a separate DB file.

Play Counter

Reply #161
I second the play_stamp method. More logical. I also would like to see the play_stamps stored in a separate DB file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

kode54 has a version that stores the info in an external DB.  You'll have to do a search to find it.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Play Counter

Reply #162
Oh, I need a little bit help, because foo_count doesn't work for me.

I put the dll in the components folder and fb2k shows the dll in the components list but it didn't work.

Help pleez...

Lycox

Play Counter

Reply #163
Oh, I need a little bit help, because foo_count doesn't work for me.

I put the dll in the components folder and fb2k shows the dll in the components list but it didn't work.

Help pleez...

Lycox
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265556"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What do you mean by "it didn't work"? Do you mean that a column isn't appearing in your foobar showing the play count? If so, then installing the plugin in the components folder isn't enough, you still need to create a new column in your Columns UI config to show the play count.

Is the foo_count plugin creating new tags on your MP3s? (view file info on an MP3)

Play Counter

Reply #164
If I install this I will find that I play about 100 songs over and over and over for sure! 

Looks like everyones doing a fine job on this plugin.

Play Counter

Reply #165
You can add this at the end of you code or where ever you want it!!
Code: [Select]
$if(%play_counter%,
$repeat('0',$sub($len2(1000),$len2(%play_counter%)))%play_counter%,0000)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=204009"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
WOW Thank You.  Im a bit new to all this. Been searching the forum for most of the afternoon and now I've found it. Thank you Neksus for this code. Works a treat 

Now I need to ensure I have the latest version of play counter.

Play Counter

Reply #166
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you add an "append" option to foo_playcount?  Then you could do a string search on the play_date field to find every song played on a specific date.  A play_date field might look something like this with the append option selected:

Or something other than a comma as a delimiter.

Play Counter

Reply #167
Could you add an "append" option to foo_playcount?  Then you could do a string search on the play_date field to find every song played on a specific date.  A play_date field might look something like this with the append option selected:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268714"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, that would be great. Infact that would be the only way to achieve i.e. 'Most played tracks this month' 

Play Counter

Reply #168
I just can't believe it, the **** plugin changed my tags!!!!!!!!! and now my tag checksums are *****ed!

Play Counter

Reply #169
I just can't believe it, the **** plugin changed my tags!!!!!!!!! and now my tag checksums are *****ed!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268892"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm...if you read this thread you'll notice that it add a play_counter and play_time tag, and tag means...tag the file 

I believe that if you remove all the playcount tags you'll checksum will get back as they were before the tagging.

Play Counter

Reply #170

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268714"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, that would be great. Infact that would be the only way to achieve i.e. 'Most played tracks this month' 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268807"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What's more, this would eliminate the need to manually add ADDED tags...the first entry in PLAY_DATE would serve the same purpose (more or less).

Play Counter

Reply #171
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268892"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm...if you read this thread you'll notice that it add a play_counter and play_time tag, and tag means...tag the file 

I believe that if you remove all the playcount tags you'll checksum will get back as they were before the tagging.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268901"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, in fact, my id3v2 tags were removed, and "play_counter" & "play_time" were added ... I tried to remove the added tags and add the id3v2 tags, but I just can't find the right checksum .. never mind, only a few albums lost. 

I think a feature that change a single bit of a file should be disabled by default in any plugin or player... foobar never changes anything in the file without the user's permission!

Play Counter

Reply #172
You're having a point T0m, perhaps "Db only" should be on by default.

Play Counter

Reply #173
You're having a point T0m, perhaps "Db only" should be on by default.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269232"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
AFAIK, the problem is that it's impossible, as you simply can't keep only specific tags in DB only. Your only option if you want to use this specific plugin, is to enable "Block tag update operations" (Preferences->Database). The "problem" with that, is that it will disable all tag updates, not only the ones done by this plugin.

Alternatively, you can use kode54's version instead, as it uses an external database.

Play Counter

Reply #174
Are you sure that it's not possible to alter the db and not the tags? There's a "DB Only Mask" checkbox in the plugins config page, which suggests it is possible -)