Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [ADPCM] What's the best ADPCM player? (Read 6706 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADPCM] What's the best ADPCM player?

Hello!

I've found some audio files in a game's CD, which appear to be IMA ADPCM. Usual players such as foobar or Winamp can't read them. Goldwave recognizes them as ADPCM 4-bit mono, but the sound is terribly clipping. I've heard that 4-bit audio is reaching full scale faster than 8-bit for example, but Goldwave doesn't allow more than 4-bit on ADPCM. I know that these files have more than 4-bit of resolution, and they are also stereo from what I hear ingame.

Is there a player that would read these adpcm with 8 or 16 bit resolution? Thanks.
Sorry for my bad english.

Reply #1
A google search came up with this player, you could try it. 

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit: sorry I forgot the link[/span]

edit 2:  [Off-Topic]What is the proper syntax used in changing the size of the font on this board?  Its been bugging me for a while.[/Off-Topic]

edit 3:  Ick!  You have to pay for the full version, sorry I didn't notice before posting.

edit 4: Thanks kalmark I had tried [/SIZE=1] .
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Reply #2
edit 2:  [Off-Topic]What is the proper syntax used in changing the size of the font on this board?  Its been bugging me for a while.[/Off-Topic]

You should close [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']the[/span] [span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']size[/span] [span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%']tag[/span] with [/SIZE]. 
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #3
SoX can load ADPCM and convert it to any of a number of more convenient formats. It's also Free.

SoX is probably the most useful sound format tool in existance, it should be part of everybody's audio toolkit.

Reply #4
SoX can load ADPCM and convert it to any of a number of more convenient formats. It's also Free.

SoX is probably the most useful sound format tool in existance, it should be part of everybody's audio toolkit.

Thanks for that link, but I can't even get static with this program (Goldwave gave static when I specified an incorrect format). It doesn't seem to read the file at all (the output file's size is 44 bytes).