Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar User Guide? (Read 2601 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar User Guide?

Hello. First up thanks for the excellent player, very refreshing to see such a customizable and powerful utility. Secondly I have been having a lot of trouble with the database (very simple problem of not being able to add enteries!) and was wondering if there was a user guide around which I could check for this. I have searched these forums and looked at the FAQ's but haven't been able to find anything which helps my problem.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Foobar User Guide?

Reply #1
Just to add a description to what the problem is:

enabled the Database feature.
set the restricted dirs to: "d:\;C:\_incoming\[ Mp3z ]\"  (that exact term including the double quotes).
left the restricted file types to: *
saved settings
restarted foobar
added the dir C:\_incoming\[ Mp3z ]\ to my play list.

Problem is that nothing is now showing up in the album list. Can anyone point out what I am missing or doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Foobar User Guide?

Reply #2
Leave out the quotation marks for the restricted directory. That should fix it.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Foobar User Guide?

Reply #3
Thank you! I feel kinda silly now .

Foobar User Guide?

Reply #4
No biggie.    You're not the first to do that, and probably not the last.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.