Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there an album art plugin? (Read 11517 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there an album art plugin?

I really liked foo_tunes until i found out how buggy it is (also, the skinned buttons are ugly) mostly becauses of its collumn based format and ability to show album art. I just found out about collumns_ui and have fallen in love with it. It works almost exactly how i like a music player to work...almost. i was wondering if there was an album art plugin either out currently or in the works. Both foo_tunes and foo_looks have this feature but i want to use collumns_ui.

Reply #1
use columns_ui and foo_look with this look (album art display only)

download
Music is my first love.

Reply #2
I use Samurize It can even download the cover art from Amazon automatically.
Screenshot

Reply #3
and maybe someday kode will be in the mood to make its foo_osd-plugin also display cover-art
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #4
I use Samurize It can even download the cover art from Amazon automatically.
Screenshot

more information please?

Reply #5
Download Samurize
and then download CDCovers config. I've done extensive mods to it. You can modify it to suit yourself with the 'Config Tool' that comes with Samurize.

Reply #6
Thanks! I've been using Samurize since before it was "Serious". I just didn't know that config existed...

Also, in the readme it says "foobar2000 v0.7.x (not yet for v0.8.x)" But it works fine for my 0.8.1 install.

Reply #7
thanks for that CDCovers config, also a long time samurize user and very surprised to see something like it.

I'm having some trouble with the album art function under foo_tunes, but I'm still working on it.

also. sup Bozworthy?

edit: whoah, more goons.

Reply #8
Hey guys...sorry for hi-jacking your topic a bit but I'm interested in the album art function as well and...you tried the Samurize plugin.
What about
  Current banlist (as for 0.8.1) (*):
- foo_vis_samurize - repeated crash reports, no signs of author fixing the problem
- foo_mirc - repeated crash reports
- foo_contextsort - repeated crash reports under 0.7.7

If you are an author of one of above and have fixed the issue, please send me a PM to get this list updated.

(*) Banned components are blocked from being loaded by file name. This action is taken to prevent users from experiencing problems caused by faulty components. If you want to force them to load anyway (or you are a developer and want to test a new version), rename the dll file (e.g. to foo_whatever.dll)

found in this thread by zZzZzZz, did have any experiences?

JD

Reply #9
Never had the slightest bit of trouble. This is from Samurize.com - Downloads
NOTE: The foobar2000 AMPI plugin has been renamed from foo_vis_samurize.dll to foo_vis_samurize2.dll because it was added to the foobar2000 plugin blacklist for no reason. Please delete the old one and use this new one.

Reply #10
I've used Samurize.....but did'nt know of this plugin.....THIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!  using foo 8.0.1....works great.........great stuff

Reply #11
About that CD cover plugin... is there any way to tweak the way it accesses Amazon? I'm finding that it's finding some incorrect matches for albums, some of which pretty strange :/ Additionally, this plugin doesn't seem to handle albums that it can't find correctly, every time it can't find a album I get a windows scripting host error message:

---------------------------
Windows Script Host
Script:   C:\Program Files\Samurize\Scripts\CDCovers\CDCovers.vbs
Line:   13
Char:   1
Error:   Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Serious Samurize\Instance CDCovers\ConfigFile".
Code:   80070002
Source:  WshShell.RegRead

OK 

Reply #12
Error:   Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Serious Samurize\Instance CDCovers\ConfigFile".

See if this helps. Are you using the latest version of Samurize(1.40)?

Reply #13
Any Plugin to download from amazon.com under Win98?

Reply #14

See if this helps. Are you using the latest version of Samurize(1.40)?

Just got it yesterday, yes it is 1.40... I think the problem is with the skin, because it only happens with CDCoversBOX.ini

Reply #15
anyone else has ScreenShots of their foobar2k and Serious Samurize configs?

Reply #16
anyone else has ScreenShots of their foobar2k and Serious Samurize configs?

Here's a shot of my usage of the cd cover. I don't really use anything fancy, just the cover itself. There's plenty of cool examples on Samurize.com if you're interested in what other people did.

Reply #18
is there a foobar plugin that fetches album covers? ive been checking out the samurize thing and its nice, but i'd rather not have to use another program to get the album covers. is there a way to port a samurize config to a foobar plugin or something? like a standalone config. (no, i dont know what im talking about.)

Reply #21
I see many aps on that site. Which one do I download and how do I use it.
Thanks in advance

The thread is over 3 years old. Things change during years, really. Try search?

And no, I don't know the answer. I'm sorry :-(

Reply #23

I see many aps on that site. Which one do I download and how do I use it.
Thanks in advance

The thread is over 3 years old. Things change during years, really. Try search?

And no, I don't know the answer. I'm sorry :-(

what the !@%^
How do you think i got to this thread (a search)
Was I born with the knowledge of this URL embedded in my  brain?