Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Extended Playlist Generator (Read 86110 times) previous topic - next topic

Extended Playlist Generator

Reply #50
^yeh, I agree - this seems the next logical step... unless there's some piece of code we can put in we're both missing. *shrugs*

Steve

Reply #51
Generally speaking, it would be useful to have ascending/descending sort.

Specifically for PLAY_COUNTER, you can use something like: $sub(100,%play_counter%) as the sort format.  You'll have to make sure you have "NOT play_counter MISSING" included in your query.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Reply #52
Ah yes, of course. That works as well :p
Minor bug: 'Limit to x tracks' actually limits to x-1 tracks. The dialog window title correctly says 100 are found, but only 99 are in the results (to easily test, limit to 5 tracks and Run). Thanks.
f to c to f to c

Reply #53
Thanks Silverbolt...

New Version 1.3:

1) Fixed track limit bug
2) Added Reverse sort option
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Reply #54
There was a minor bug with reverse sort in the last version I just posted (1.3).  I so suck.

New Version 1.3.1:

1) Fixed bug with reverse sort being applied even if custom sort was unchecked.

Sorry...

Reply #55
Hmh, am not sure wether I am the only one experiencing this. But the "Sort spec" window in the generate playlist query dialog seems to be frozen for me.

Meaning I can't enter any new values nor make the dropdown menu show up.

Reply #56
the "Sort spec" window in the generate playlist query dialog seems to be frozen for me.

Not seeing that here.  Doesn't mean there isn't a problem though.

Reply #57
Hmh, removed the dll entirely once and restarted foobar without it and everything seems fine now.

Could be I overlooked something the first time as well.

Sorry for raising false alarm, should have tried that first 

Reply #58
Maybe it was some artifact of the config vars changing?  Still... might be useful information if someone else has the problem.

Reply #59
Minor bug:

After an invalid query is executed, or a query that results in no matches, the window title is not updated (Playlist config dialog).

This will be corrected in the next version.

Reply #60
Thanks for making this plugin, combined with foo_playcount you have IMHO really increased the value of foobar.

Feature request: Option to add a comment to presets (that will be shown in the "presets"/"Generate playlist" lists). The reason I ask, is that descriptive names might take up a lot of space when used to create a playlist/tab with the same name.

BTW: I had the same problem with the frozen "Sort spec" as picmixer. Fixed it the same way as he did.

Reply #61
Thanks for making this plugin, combined with foo_playcount you have IMHO really increased the value of foobar.

Agree strongly with this - I'm using it to generate an Unplayed playlist every few days so I make sure I've get to hear all my music over the next 2-3 weeks.. Thankyou again for these plugins.

Another feature request:
Is it possible to make a preset available to be Keyboard Shortcutted? By this I mean, could you make it so that I can tick a box when I save a preset which says "Make into foobar action" (or something). Then it would appear in the list of available actions on the keyboard shortcuts and I could assign a keyboard shortcut to run that preset.

Reply #62
Thanks for the positive comments!    Several people have contributed a lot of good ideas... all I did was code it.

teetee Posted on Apr 26 2004, 04:30 AM
Is it possible to make a preset available to be Keyboard Shortcutted?

Expect more work in this area at some point.  Originally, I wanted to add the presets to the menu (as another user sugested) but ran into an issue, and haven't had time to re-visit it.  But I can also look into other ways of doing this.

upNorth Posted on Apr 26 2004, 02:18 AM
Option to add a comment to presets

You can't really create a playlist or a preset with the same name.  Currently, saving a preset with the same name just replaces the existing one.  But I can easily see that someone would want to use shorter names, and a comment might be useful.  Where would this comment display?  In the list along with the name (say in parenthesis next to it), in a "status bar" when you click on it?

Reply #63
upNorth Posted on Apr 26 2004, 02:18 AM
Option to add a comment to presets

You can't really create a playlist or a preset with the same name.  Currently, saving a preset with the same name just replaces the existing one.
Just to clarify what I ment:
The name of a preset will also be the name of the tab/playlist created by it. If you give the preset a long, descriptive name, you will end up with a tab/playlist with the same long name (not ideal IMHO). I never intended to give the same name to more than one preset.

But I can easily see that someone would want to use shorter names, and a comment might be useful.  Where would this comment display?  In the list along with the name (say in parenthesis next to it), in a "status bar" when you click on it?
in parenthesis next to it sounds good, or maybe even better in it's own column to the right. in a "status bar" when you click on it would be a little inconvenient as you would have to select one entry at a time to read the comment.

Reply #65
^I'm downloading this but still getting 1.2

Your browser might be caching the last version.  Curious, as it should check for that.  If it remains a problem, I'd be happy to e-mail it to you (if you send me your e-mail address).

Reply #66
Ah, that solved it  It must be because I'm running Mozilla. I downloaded through Getright, tho thanks for the offer

Steve

Reply #67
How would I make the query select a random sample of songs if my criteria were limited by meg. minute, or track (like iTunes "Random" feature of Smartlists).

Right now, if I set a query like "comment HAS Female", and set my limit to, say, 10 tracks, only Amiee Mann tracks come up.  How would I make that limited, 10-track query to select a random 10 tracks with "Female" in the Comment field?

-gandalf44
-gandalf44

Reply #68
How would I make the query select a random sample of songs if my criteria were limited by meg. minute, or track...

Check the "Use Custom Sort" checkbox, and enter $rand() in the "Sort Spec" field.

Reply #69
Cool, thanx.  Where can I get a command reference/manual for that field?  What language/formatting is used?
-gandalf44

Reply #70
, thanx. Where can I get a command reference/manual for that field? What language/formatting is used?

Both that field and the "Display Format" use TAGZ.  You can look at the fb2k title formatting help.  picmixer has volunteered to create an HTML help page, which he is working on now, and will be included in the next release (whenever that is).

Reply #71
I think I found a minor bug.

Preset name including ']' character isn't saved properly after restart.

Anyway, thanks for the nice component which is really useful.

Reply #72
@tboehrer: After v.1.1.1 this plugin started to interfere with foo_looks. It messes up  because foo_looks no longer executes functions upon track change properly. At least the playback triggered event onplaybacknewtrack(this) in foo_looks, seems to be affected.

I would really like to use both this plugin and foo_looks, but currently that's not an option. If yourself, danZ and musicmusic (as foo_ui_columns does the same thing) could sort this out, I would be one happy plugin user 

It seems really strange to me, that just adding a plugin cause another plugin to fail like this.

Specs: WinXP SP1, foobar v.0.8.1

Edit: Spelling

Reply #73
If yourself, danZ and musicmusic (as foo_ui_columns does the same thing) could sort this out, I would be one happy plugin user

Sure.  I don't use foo_looks myself, but I do use foo_ui_columns.  But I don't notice any issue with ui_columns.

It messes up because foo_looks no longer executes functions upon track change properly. At least the playback triggered event onplaybacknewtrack(this) in foo_looks, seems to be affected

Can you be more specific?  I also wrote foo_playcount, which uses on_playback_newtrack (play callback SDK interface), and haven't had any problems.

Reply #74
If yourself, danZ and musicmusic (as foo_ui_columns does the same thing) could sort this out, I would be one happy plugin user

Sure.  I don't use foo_looks myself, but I do use foo_ui_columns.  But I don't notice any issue with ui_columns.

It messes up because foo_looks no longer executes functions upon track change properly. At least the playback triggered event onplaybacknewtrack(this) in foo_looks, seems to be affected

Can you be more specific?  I also wrote foo_playcount, which uses on_playback_newtrack (play callback SDK interface), and haven't had any problems.

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain it very well.
The problem is only visible in foo_looks and both foo_ui_columns and this plugin triggers it. I don't know if your "Extended Playlist generator" cause any problems with foo_ui_columns or vise versa, as I don't use foo_ui_columns. The only thing I know is that both of them interfere with foo_looks. foo_playcount does not cause the same thing, at least not that I'm aware of.

This problem can, as I've said already, only be seen in foo_looks. If you download foo_looks and try the default look, you will see that without any of these plugins it will highlight the current track properly in the playlist (the one in the look/skin) even after changing to the next track. This is not the case if you add one of the mentioned plugins. Then it will lose the highlighting when you change to the next track. In my look i make the playlist scroll on each new track, to make it appear in the middle of my playlist. This functionality behaves correctly as long as I don't add any of the two plugins (note: In any case it won't work for the first two tracks in the playlist, but that is related to a problem in my code that I haven't fixed yet. So, to try it, make sure you play the 3rd track or higher in you playlist).

Btw: I don't know anything about the SDK or the way foobar itself works.
onplaybacknewtrack(this) is used in the LUA part of foo_looks coding.

Was this any clearer?