Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_osd Cuztimisation (Read 4902 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

I am using the Foo_osd to display the song name and artist always on my screen , but i cant change the colour of it (its always green whatever i tried to change it) , and can i resize it to be more smaller and reduce its high ??!!!

and is it possible to add more info , like song time and song bitrate and stuff like this???

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #1
There are oodles of options in Preferences > Components > On-Screen Display. Almost everything is customizable.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #2
here's one example...
(look at the bottom of page)

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #3
and here's another example(also visible in the screenshot):
http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/fb2k/strings.php?f=47

Colors are configurable and certain parts of the shown-information can be switched on/off.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #4
there should be an option to have it display for a fraction of the song length.

i'd like it to display for 2/3 of the song, or 1/2 of the song.  this would be a neat option in addition to the fixed length for displaying it.

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #5
@kelesh:

Do you mean: do not show 'artist - title' (or whatever) in full length,
just 2/3 or 1/2 to make the shown text fit to the screen (you don't want to use a smaller font-size)?
This is possible by using title-formatting (have a look at the reference/help).

Should be sth. like

$ifgreater ($len(%artist% - %title%),20,$left((%artist% - %title%),20),(%artist% - %title%))

(20 is an example of the maximum number of letters fitting to the screen (may vary with different letters) - you have to look what's your best fit)
(I don't know if (%artist% - %title%) works (as one string) (I guess) -  you have to try a bit)

It has to be modified to your personal needs of course.

$left((%artist% - %title%), $div($len((%artist% - %title%)),2))
...only shows the half of the text - I guess it's more interesting to go with maximum number of letters (which can be shown in one line) as to cut the half away

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #6
whoa there, buddy

i mean, the OSD dissapears after 2/3 of the track length.  So if the song is 2 minutes, it dissapears after 80 seconds.  If the song is 6 minutes, it dissapears after 4 minutes.... or something like that.

Or have the option to have it dissapear 1 minute before the song ends.  You should be able to use %tracklength% in an equaition to decide how long the OSD is on the screen:

1 minute:  60

1 minute before track ends:  %tracklength% - 60

2/3 of track length:  2/3 * %tracklength%

etc...

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #7
foo_osd doesn't deal well with multiple monitors.  i have 3 monitors, and I want to put foo_osd on the very left top corner of my left monitor, or the top right of my right monitor, but this is infeasible due to the way its location thingy works.  any ideas on how to remedy this? 

aren't multiple monitors getting alot more commons these days?

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #8
I hate the %ages that you use to position the OSD is really funky. If you were to go to a pixel # i think it'd be a lot easier to manage. You could even go to a second display.

Also, perhaps setting a position on a display and anchor a certain corner. Top-left, Top-right, B-L, B-R.

Right now I have mine setup on the bottom right corner of my main display, but i can't get it to nestle right up to the side of the screen and with different length of tracknames it makes the box scroll off the screen...

Does this make sense?

Foo_osd Cuztimisation

Reply #9
also its not multimonitor compatible.  i can't get it to go on the right side of my right monitor (i have 2 or 3 monitors)....