Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo WombatShare (Read 18560 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo WombatShare

Reply #50
One leet feature would be transcoding on the fly using the diskwriter to make it easier to stream large files (lossless etc.).

Foo WombatShare

Reply #51
It would be better to transcode on the server side I guess.  I'm hoping to get the dev going on it so that can be plugged in, I'll try and figure it out  Since wombatshare is *best* used ona  lan, transcoding is not normally an issue ... however ....it would give me the ability to stream files that can't currently be streamed..which would be lovely

Foo WombatShare

Reply #52
Brand new version, now users can password their servers!

There is also a 'network' password which is kind of like a default password, this will be tried if the current password does not work or none is known it can be used by a group to agree on a shared password.

This is done just with vanilla HTTP -Authorisation so on a LAN it cannot be considered secure. However on a WombatShare node that faces the internet it is very secure unless someone can sniff your traffic at the ISP

Get it nice and hot over at the website :WombatInvasion

Foo WombatShare

Reply #53
javajunkie, this is a very beautiful plugin. I tried streaming from winamp to foobar and it works like a charm, only that the tags are not read properly and streaming is not possible.
Keel up the good work. Will try to use it on winamp later.

Foo WombatShare

Reply #54
The tags don't work because Foobar2000 doesn't properly support them on streamed files    If you follow the instructions on http://www.wombatinvasion.com/download.html  that should give you some ideas on how to see 'proper' titles 

What do you mean specifically about streaming not working ? I need to fix this if there's an issue as it works to me

Foo WombatShare

Reply #55
Sorry my bad. I meant to write seeking in streamed files, but then I read that it is not a fault with your plugin, but an architectural limitation in Foobar. One thing while I am at it, tried playing on the winamp and nothing happened. It kept daying cannot resync mpeg stream.

Also, in foobar almost all my files are from cuesheets. Will they get streamed to winamp?

Foo WombatShare

Reply #56
I am using extended UI along with Azeriel (sp?) theme. I really like the formatting and wouldn't want to change tht just for these few songs. Is there any way that the formatting string u told me works only for the streamed playlist (I created a seperate playlist) and not the others.

Also, is there a way to prevent some files from showing up in the shares. I have some music I don't want to share on the local net. Is it possible to create sort of a blacklist?

Foo WombatShare

Reply #57
Not sure why winamp couldn't stream, it shold have worked fine, are you using the latest versions of the website ?

Unfortunately the missing tags is *also* a limitation in Foobar2000  Until they fix that I can't display them properly (which sucks  )

I'm not sure about the CUE sheets, I doubt they're shared, only music tracks are shared.

You can't currently blacklist items, however this is the next feature I'm going to implement after I've finished with the playlist sharing stuff, as I want to also allow local downloading, and in order to do that I need to be able to configure individual items

Foo WombatShare

Reply #58
great to know that you will implement playlist sharing and blacklisting. Cannot wait for new release. Also, when you are done with these features, it would be really cool about transcoding like Jan S. suggested. then it will be able to share all files (cue sheets included ). Let me know if I can help you in any way. Unfortunately my knowledge of programming is limited to VB and VB.Net so I cannot help you with the C stuff.

Foo WombatShare

Reply #59
Playlist sharing will (for winamp) be done by tomorrow hopefully, Foobar should follow shortly. [I'm trying to get wxWidgets working so I can have a unified configuration panel and its killing me ]  In terms of help, I'm *really* starting to need documentation screenshots etc

Foo WombatShare

Reply #60
I got an exam tomorrow, but the day after, I will make a few screen shots of the Foobar Plugin and a small documentation (The whole thing is pretty self explanatory, don't think much is needed).

Foo WombatShare

Reply #61
Sweet  That would be much appreciated!

Foo WombatShare

Reply #62
Shiny new version of the plugin out and a new standalone server. 

Not  many new features, a coupla bug fixes and you can now optionally filter out duplicate tracks from those received from the network.  The latest versions can be found over at  http://www.wombatinvasion.com/pmwiki/pmwik...nloads/HomePage

Hope you like