Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Deleting files from HDD (Read 4170 times) previous topic - next topic

Deleting files from HDD

Just wanting to get some clarification as to which is the component to use for file deletion now. I can see three floating about: foo_Delete, foo_delete and foo_recycle

What do you use?

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #1
Either foo_Delete or foo_recycle will work for you. I think both of these plugins are quite similar now anyway (foo_recycle _may_ still have better unicode support if you need it, I'm not quite sure though).

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #2
Thanks for the input Phi, I'll have a look at it.

hmmm.

Think I might stick with the original foo_delete if I don't run into any problems with it, it seems to have the best features of hte lot of them.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #3
Where can I find the latest versions of these plugins (for foobar2000 0.8). I searched but I only found old links for version 0.7.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #4
Where can I find the latest versions of these plugins (for foobar2000 0.8). I searched but I only found old links for version 0.7.

foo_recycle
foo_Delete

The original foo_delete was never updated for foobar 0.8.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #5
do these plugins allow you to use a hotkey to delete files instead of having to right click on the file? because the old supposedly "inferior" version of foo_delete allowed this.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #6
do these plugins allow you to use a hotkey to delete files instead of having to right click on the file? because the old supposedly "inferior" version of foo_delete allowed this.

In Foobar you can assign any existing command (including context/right click commands) to a hotkey. This isn't a feature specific to any plugin.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #7
Either foo_Delete or foo_recycle will work for you. I think both of these plugins are quite similar now anyway (foo_recycle _may_ still have better unicode support if you need it, I'm not quite sure though).

foo_Delete unicode support is straight out of foo_Recycle. foo_Delete has a sort-of bug right now which messes up the playlist slightly if you delete from a non-playlist window such as a search... i will deal with it in the weeks if not tonight. foo_recycle probably has this same bug, i dunno.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #8
i will deal with it in the weeks if not tonight.

fixed. check the 3rd party plugins page.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #9
foo_Delete v1.2 bug (sorry, I just discovered that there's a v1.2.1 now, installing currently):
When one file is selected and another file is focussed and playing and not selected (foo_scroll did this to me), then foo_Delete v1.2 correctly deletes the selected file, but it removes the playlist entry of the focussed file. I don't know if this is repeatable, it happened to me once so far.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #10
...I should clarify my action to cause the bug. I've assigned a keyboard shortcut to [Context/playlist Delete file]. This is how I called foo_Delete to delete the selected file and it's possible to have the autofocus on something else this way.
The bug is repeatable (in foo_Delete v1.2) and it also causes play to advance by one playlist position.

Deleting files from HDD

Reply #11
...couldn't repeat in foo_Delete v1.2.1 - maybe it's fixed already!