Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dragging from MP3 Manager to FB2k (Read 2048 times) previous topic - next topic

Dragging from MP3 Manager to FB2k

Just a little question about parameter passing:

I use MP3 Manager (http://www.volweb.cz/str/) to manage my media, and it works really well with winamp.  I'm curently harrassing the author to implement foobar2000 support so that I can really get my $25 worth

In any case, that program can drag and drop files (just like you can with explorer, et al), but for some reason foobar2000 works differently than your standard file managment/media playlist dialoge...  I'm wondering if someone could give me some technical details.

There are multiple fields from which information can be dragged, and if you drag one of these fields into a text editor, it just pastes that particular part of the tag into the program.  This is what happens with foobar, so it will try to open a file named "Artist Name" or something, and choke.

Normally, the program gets the actual filename and enqueues that... although if you specifically drag from the filename blank, MP3 Manager does the courtesy of appending around 200 whitespace characters, which really confuses it when it looks for that file.

Not sure if it is foobar or MP3 Manager that needs fixing the most, so I'd just like to learn why this might happen.

Thanks,
Supacon

Reply #1
1. Development forum is only meant for developers. Your post doesn't belong there.

2. Please don't create duplicate threads in different forums.

Reply #2
I realized that this post was in the wrong forum after I posted, but I couldn't find a way to delete it.  That is why I posted a duplicate thread.

Sorry,
Supacon

Reply #3
Just to update this thread...
I've basically given up on MP3 Manager now that I've discovered some of the functionality of the foobar2000 database that is enabled by third party plugins.  It's way better than anything else that I've used, and best of all, it supports my single-file albums with cuesheets very nicely.  Best of all, of course, is the cost.  I almost feel guilty that I've gotten as much as I have out of foobar for free.

I keep telling my girlfriend that I'm going to leave her for foobar2000 one day