Skip to main content
Topic: Excellent resource on digital audio (Read 3204 times) previous topic - next topic

Excellent resource on digital audio

I found a darn good text/summary about digital digital audio, coding, transmission, error correction, etc...

Title: Digital Audio CD and other Selected Digital Technologies
Author: Michael C. McGoodwin
http://www.vgard.net/digitalaudio/digitalaudio.html

For all those who sometimes have problems following some "tech talk" in this board , this might be a good start to catch up knowlege-wise.

The latest chapters are not yet finished, obviously. But the first chapters contain some really good collection of information.

Enjoy.

Reply #1
Digital Audio CD and other Selected Digital Technologies
Based on Principles of Digital Audio, 4th Ed. by Ken C. Pohlmann
and other sources

Hmm... that's the book I bought a couple of months ago. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone interested in the subject.

Reply #2
I'm really interested but it is english and the topics are complicated themselves  Is it woth the money ? almost 60$ here in Germany.

Reply #3
Ben, cant you use Altavista translater to read the site in German

Reply #4
well i can read it. I am capable of the english language 

I was talking about the book

Reply #5
Question for the people who have this book:

Does chapter 10 Perceptual Coding give a very good and detailed anaylis of all the aspects of mp3?  I want more information on the hybrid-filterbank etc... and want to know if this book is worth it....

Maybe MP3 the definitive guide is a better book?

Reply #6
The book doesn't really go into details about how to apply perceptual psychoacoustics. But for things like hybrid filters, there other other sections covering it.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019