Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Compiling foo_rgscan (Read 3222 times) previous topic - next topic

Compiling foo_rgscan

I've been taking my first steps in using the SDK for the last week or so. My first planned project is merely a small helper components for replaygain which will check for track gain information as each track is played. If it doesn't exist, I stop the playback, do the replaygain and then restart the playback.

I'm having no troubles getting the callback and start/stop working, but when I try to compile the foo_rgscan project (to get myself an import library to use) there's an error stopping the build in the custom build step.

I guessed this was something to do with the NASMW assembler, so I got a copy of that and put in various paths but with no luck.

Anybody got any suggestions on how to build foo_rgscan?
Alternatively, is there a better way to use the replaygain functionality than by linking against the lib file?

Compiling foo_rgscan

Reply #1
I guessed this was something to do with the NASMW assembler, so I got a copy of that and put in various paths but with no luck.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=193634"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm a brand new fb2k developer and I just ran into this problem trying to build rg_scan. I believe that Visual Studio ignores the system enviornment path and uses its own. I fixed this problem by modifying the custom build step to run

<my_path_to_nasmw>\nasmw.exe

Hope this helps someone else...

Dave

Compiling foo_rgscan

Reply #2
As an alternative, you can include the directory where nasmw resides in you executable search path in Visual Studio. Add it under Extras/Options/Directories/Executable files (or similar).