Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HA falling over (Read 5906 times) previous topic - next topic

HA falling over

Two minutes ago, HA appeared to have fallen over - giving the IPB error message too many users. A few minutes before, it was getting very slow. If this message appears, it's working fine now!

Cheers,
David.

HA falling over

Reply #1
I also have this problem from time-to-time; always clears itself eventually though.

HA falling over

Reply #2
Maybe server is overloaded?

HA falling over

Reply #3
Sometimes it just needs a reboot. Has to do with IPB i think.

HA falling over

Reply #4
Code: [Select]
mySQL error: Too many connections
mySQL error code:
Date: Thursday 11th of March 2004 02:04:25 PM

Anybody else using MySQL on this machine?
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.

HA falling over

Reply #5
I've been getting this problem, and the unable to locate host problem (mentioned in another thread) a lot lately.  Everything will be fine, and for some seemingly random amount of time, I can't connect. 

This is the only site I am having problems with.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

HA falling over

Reply #6
To bring this back up again, HydrogenAudio has been desperately slow today. Around 11:00-13:00 GMT is was almost hopeless. Still isn't so great!

Are we outgrowing the server, or is there another issue?

Will donating help?

Cheers,
David.

HA falling over

Reply #7
To bring this back up again, HydrogenAudio has been desperately slow today. Around 11:00-13:00 GMT is was almost hopeless. Still isn't so great!

Are we outgrowing the server, or is there another issue?

Will donating help?

Cheers,
David.

I am aware of some of the problems, but haven't decided on what to do yet.  Part of the problem is that a proper solution is going to require a lot of time and effort, something difficult for me to come by with everything else going on.

I'm going to try and do something soon though.

HA falling over

Reply #8
Yeah, I'm rebooting the server at least once a week because of the problems, some times few times a week. Yesterday again. We need to sort this out.
Juha Laaksonheimo

HA falling over

Reply #9
Two minutes ago, HA appeared to have fallen over - giving the IPB error message too many users. A few minutes before, it was getting very slow. If this message appears, it's working fine now!

Cheers,
David.

How to boost HA.org?

1) Use IPB 2.0 because it is more optimized.
2) Use latest 2.6.5 linux kernel on server, I saw test that indicates 400% MySQL speed boost against earlier non 2.6.X versions...

HA falling over

Reply #10
HA has been unreliable mid-late morning UK time for a couple of weeks now.

Cheers,
David.

HA falling over

Reply #11
HA has been unreliable mid-late morning UK time for a couple of weeks now.

Cheers,
David.

I'm in the UK and was experiencing intermittent problems too. I've since changed the proxy I was using (sorry don't have specific details of the proxy) and HA has been fine since. I should add, HA was the only site that was giving me problems.

edit: my problems were during the same time intervals too.
daefeatures.co.uk

HA falling over

Reply #12

Cheers,
David.

How to boost HA.org?

1) Use IPB 2.0 because it is more optimized.
2) Use latest 2.6.5 linux kernel on server, I saw test that indicates 400% MySQL speed boost against earlier non 2.6.X versions...

Invision Power Board 2.0 is only available as Alpha version (not all features are implemented, totally buggy at the moment...).

I am sure Darin or Juha will upgrade once the final version is out.