Skip to main content
Topic: how to remove 'the noise' ? (Read 2612 times) previous topic - next topic

how to remove 'the noise' ?

hi,
I have recorded a few hours of live mix . I was recording from turntables via Pionner mixer to the computer -PC ( using Line in)
Unfortunately something bad happend and there is a kind of " noise" recorded (sorry I dont know how to call it properly) and the music is just in deep background.
Please tell me what is the reason of it , and how can I repair it, to hear just a pure music ?? Is it possible to do it in Cool Edit, Sound Forge or any progz ?

To understand me well download the file and listen what I mean exactly,

thanks in advance
cheers

Reply #1
Sounds to me like something wasn't earthed. IMO it's not worth trying to filter out the noise, it's a lost cause.. better for it to be re-recorded, or learn from your mistakes for next time.

Reply #2
Please tell me what is the reason of it , and how can I repair it, to hear just a pure music ?? Is it possible to do it in Cool Edit, Sound Forge or any progz ?

You can't recover from this.

I think your wire (or connexion) have a shortcut, or you have a earth problem. Anyway the sound is completly screwed.

You have to record it again, try with a small selection before going for your whole disks !

Especially it you want 'pure music'. Some filter might get your sound recognisable, but you will not be likely to listen to them !

PS: Lossless-compressing (Flac/monkey/etc...) your sample would have greatly reduced its size.

Reply #3
First, I assume the Pioneer mixer has a phono input. Second, you might find a plain copper cable going from turntable ground (case or rca's shield or grounding screw) to the amp/mixer ground (case or grounding screw) very helpful.

Reply #4
It sounds like a cabling problem. A jack was not properly plugged, or a CINCH (but it would mean both plugs), or the cable is broken.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019